This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tygers Album (off topic)

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by King Tuskis, Oct 13, 2005.

1. King Tuskis

King Tuskis Sculpted by the NWOBHM

This is non-Saxon related, but I figured someone here would be knowledgeable on the subject.

I am looking for Tygers of Pan Tang 'Spellbound' on CD. I know it was released once, but I am having trouble finding it. They have used copies on Amazon (for a lot of dough)

Anyone know of a good place to check. Looking for a new CD if possible.

Thanks in advance.

2. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Ebay would be worth a go, but it won't be new. Spellbound is a cracking album.

3. WILKS

WILKS Member

I gotta agree with there Pax.Although i alway prfered The Cage for some reason.I don't know why it's a lot comercial.As for buying on cd i think you can get from the Tygers web site.

4. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

Yeah everyone seems to prefer The Cage. But for me, Spellbound is way better.

5. King Tuskis

You can get many of their albums from their web site, but they don't have spellbound. There is always 1 CD on Ebay, and I always lose the bidding war.

I might just get the LP and transfer it to CD. (can get the record pretty easy on Ebay)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

6. WILKS

WILKS Member

What about wildcatz.You know i'd forgot how good they were/are.

7. princess_of_the_night2112

princess_of_the_night2112 Goddess of Metal

Spellbound rocks, I had a wee blast of that a few weeks ago. Tremendous stuff. Saw them a couple of times as well, saw them at Reading Festival and they were brill and also a double header of TOPT with Praying Mantis - that was mighty delicious.

8. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Until you can obtain an original copy of the album ;) have you tried any of the p2p programs or better still Bitorrent ?

I found this, if you scroll down a little and click show all files you will see that the spellbound album is there.. http://www.torrentspy.com/directory.asp?mode=torrentdetails&id=409754&query=tygers+of+pan+tang
    Problem is there doesnt appear to be any seeders, although stats for older torrents on TS are usually not accurate. If no seed shows up you could always post a comment and request one perhaps?

That actual torrent is being tracked by piratebay and it is showing 5 leechers btw.

Or i noticed something on ebay called "want it now" where you make a post requesting something, ive never tried it myself....I cant see somthing like that working very well though but you never know!

9. King Tuskis

Valanx,
    Thanks for your help. I've managed to find some of the songs on P2P. I haven't tried getting the whole album. (I will try eDon or BT) Sound isn't the best for what I got, like 128k.
    I knew a guy in college that had a Japanese pressing of spellbound, which sounded pretty good. (sometimes older CDs don't have a very good sound)

Anyway problem solved.
    I bought the vinyl, and am going to transfer it to CD.

10. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Cool!

I have lots of vinyl, some that would be hard to find i imagine...just a shame i have no record player anymore to do the same thing!

11. King Tuskis

About a year ago I went to pawn shop and bought I Technics 1200 turntable.
    Some music just sounds better or vinyl. IMO

12. WILKS

WILKS Member

I'm a big fan of vinyl.I think most music sounds better on it.Cds can sometimes sounda bit to clean.

13. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Member

"Spellbound" is awesome! And if you like that album, I also highly recommend "Live At Nottingham Rock City," if you don't have it already. Great live performance from the "Spellbound" tour, and luckily not too hard to come by.