This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

U.D.O. at ProgPower?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by NorseBlood, Dec 26, 2018.

1. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

I am curious why U.D.O. has never played at a ProgPower. Sure he always cranks out old school 80s heavy metal. However, like Doro, Udo Dirkschneider is living legend in the genre. and at 66 who knows how much longer he will be touring? I'm thinking a special performance by U.D.O. such as playing an album like Holy in its entirety, or a fan-pick-em set list would go over well. U.D.O. wouldn't be a headliner of course, but perhaps the second or third band (e.g. Doro last year) would be a good slot. What do you guys think? Good idea, or i it just too old school for our festival?

2. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

No such thing as too old school. However, the older Euro bands have no desire to do one-off shows over here anymore unless they make absolute bank or get a free cruise out of it.

And btw...Doro is U.S. based so she doesn't fall into that criteria.

3. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

so we need U.D.O. to be on a tour in the fall one year then, so he can make a stop at PPUSA!!

4. Fixxer315

Fixxer315 Member

I saw Dirkscheider play Atlanta a couple of years ago, and it was an amazing show. I'd love to see Accept, but I'm sure the same issue that Glenn raised with UDO would hold true. I don't know the last time they played the US.

5. RagePSV

RagePSV Member

I know Accept toured here about 8 years ago with Sabaton opening. I used it as an excuse to drive from Atlanta to Orlando and take my then 2 year old to Animal Kingdom!

6. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

I believe that Wolf Hoffmann lives fairly close to me in Leiper's Fork, TN. I think Peter Baltes is now either in the Nashville or Phidelphia areas. Mark Tornillo is from NJ. Chris Wiliams their drummer is from NC. If I were to wager a guess it would be that Accept is US based. It would be totally awesome for Accept to headline on a Friday or Saturday, and to bring in Udo Dirkschneider, Peter Baltes, Jorg Fischer, Herman Frank and Stefan Kaufmann in for a very special night. I know.. Dream on & please don't break the festival budget. Right?

7. labrekk

labrekk Member

Peter Baltes left Accept a little while ago, BTW... No replacement announced yet.