This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

UK People, ive got a Jackson RR24 for sale :)

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by HaydenLM1, Nov 27, 2011.

1. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

mine has been sold btw. sorry that i didnt say

2. Norbix

Norbix Member

I wonder why Jackson stopped producing this guitar? It's all over youtube so it looks like it sold well enough... I have both this guitar and an Alexi 600 and the Jackson is undoubtedly the better guitar. I would like to sell the Alexi and replace it with a similar Jackson, but they don't seem to want to produce more 24 fret RR's. I think it came down to moving production of the pro series guitars to Indonesia or wherever they're made now.

Whenever I find these guitars on craigslist around here the pictures don't show the corners. Then when I ask about them I get responses like "there's a slight chip, doesn't affect playability blah blah blah".

3. MadYarpen

MadYarpen Member

[nevermind]

4. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

They need to make a 24 fret rr with original FR, an easy access to high frets + bridge and neck pickup.
    like the ESP SV. ( which is by far a better guitar )

5. the Medication

Good job on the sale mate.

But why do you say the ESP SV is better than the RR24? Ok the ESP has a neck pickup, that's all I can see. The RR24 is the far sexier guitar

6. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

its better in every single detail. and no, the ESP is far sexier :) by a mile.

7. Inceptionist

Inceptionist It's Not My Funeral

The inlays on the ESP killed it for me, if those were better I'd say yes it's far sexier, even though I own a RR24 :D

8. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

[​IMG]

Had this beauty, but decided to recently trade it in for another ESP, Horizon III

9. Norbix

Norbix Member

I was going to get an SV until I found a new RR24 for sale still.

How does SV compare to Alexi? Do they feel the same? I have an Alexi 600 and it's a bit funky... it's heavy, a bit unbalanced, and something about it just doesn't feel right. But it's still a good guitar. I'm wondering if it's just the LTD build quality vs ESP, or just the way ESP makes their randy shapes in general. Because on the other hand the RR24 is light and feels rock solid.

10. Jontzgu

Jontzgu Member

Every ESP I've ever owned, the M-II, SV and now the Horizon III, which is a LTD deluxe, has felt really good and solid. I've owned a ltd alexi model, not the 600 one, but some MMV 07 model exclusively sold in Finland. It was a great guitar for the price, but nothing amazing, and the SV without a doubt is twice or even triple the guitar. I dunno, imo the sv felt nice, but not as ergonomic as a horizon shape other than it's easier to access the higher frets on the V. It had really good harmonics and sustain as well. If you love V's, you may like a lot, but try it out before you buy.

11. Liquinn

Liquinn Member

Remove this post, please.

12. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

I have the same guitar here..love it.

If the ESP SV looks like Alexi's sig model, doesnt mean it is his model.
    The ESP SV is a far much better guitar.

13. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

chill out and enjoy the thread yea? lol.
    what hurts you in having this thread in the forum ?

sorry just found your comment funny.

14. Rune

Rune Member

I have both a ESP SV standard and an ESP Alexi signature and both are quite great, but nothing like my Jackson CS althought only 22 frets it still has the best neck Ive ever played on.
    Beats my RR24 and RR professional to bits. Recently sold my RR stars, that one was quite good, but still not as good as ESP And Jackson CS.
    Have tried a Alexi 200, Gisbson Studio, Jackson JS and Ephiphone guitars + lots of newer Ibanezes and they are all beyond crap.

15. HaydenLM1

HaydenLM1 Member

Its just a matter of preference..i have played many and many types of RRs but nothing was better than the ESP SV. For me it felt 'right'.

Ibanez is a great brand and you have NO clue what you are talking about sir.

16. Rune

Rune Member

All neck through CS Jacksons beats ESP in build quality and feel. But of course ESP beats all the Japan and regular US series.

Ibanez guitars have too thin neck compound and even the prestige Japan series feels cheap. Haven't tested CS Ibanezes thought.