This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Unblessing The Purity Review

Discussion in 'Bloodbath' started by The Pale Dying One, Mar 10, 2008.

1. LydonB

LydonB Member

Bands are not allowed to deviate and evolve from what they originally started as?:erk:

2. Tumn

Tumn baptized in blood

Of course they are, you said that backwards if that's what you meant though. It would be that they regressed, is what I am saying.

3. LydonB

LydonB Member

I don't think they regressed at all. Get rid of your prior judgements and thoughts of a band when you listen to a new album. Makes the listening experience different.

4. EternalDamnation06

The new release is pretty awesome. It grows on you with more listens. Im a picky motherfucker myself ,and thought some arangements were weird.... but im liking it more and more that I listen to it.

5. Flal

Flal Flal

I was very happy with the release. It was worth the wait imo although most of that wait was against the band's choice. Blast's aren't bad either! As long as they're done with taste. But over the years I've kinda figured out what you like Tumn, and yeah, the new album doesn't really suit your style. I still think that it's a great succession to NMF and that it's going to be one of the best releases of the year.

I guess now all we can do is wait for the full length and see what'll come next :)

6. affinityband

affinityband Member

quite the contrary tumn, i thought you would lap it up if they started a jerk fest with you. Anyway, this is a really great ep. Gunna go see them live when the come to england and yeah that is that.

7. David Hesser

I think this ep is about 8/10 not as good as RTC or NMF, but it's still cool ;) Weak Aside is really fuckin' cool song for the 4-5th listen, Sick Salvation is good as hell too, Unblessing the Purity has too much blast beats, good song too but it's not my favorite, Mouth of Empty Praise got some good melodies. Weak Aside > Sick Salvation > Blasting the Virginborn = Mouth of Empty Praise
    Mike's vocals are sounds like hell and the others are did very well too ;)

8. AdramalecH

AdramalecH Into The Abyss

Personally this album really kick ass! Every songs are so brutal! The riffs in Mouth of the empty praise and weak aside are awesome, It's been long enough so now we can listen to an other piece of art hehe, No way, Im not disapointed about any songs, goodjob guys ! BLOODBATH!

9. winters epilogue

winters epilogue Senior Lurker

Eek, low blow.

Tumn, give it a few more listens; it certainly has grown on me. The first time I heard it I felt similar to you, but it just gets better and better. Though I actually loved the samples right off the bat, and Sick Salvation in general. I really think Per adds a fabulous touch to the band.

Still can't wait to see where the band goes from here.

10. -[chop]-

-[chop]- Sober alcoholic!

Yeah that was a major turn off for sure...the rest of the song rules tho...

11. lockley100

lockley100 EXTREME UNCTION

anyone elses copy arrived?

got it today, artwork is nothing that gasn't been seen on the website. nice slipsleeve.

12. Flal

Flal Flal

You mean that part with only the bass? That part is awesome!!!! Well...i like it anyways

13. DustyP

DustyP Member

I'm suprised the very brief, hard to understand movie quote is such a concern for some. I actually didn't even notice it the first time through.
    I'm curious what movie it's from, though. I'm a huge horror fan, and it's bugging me that I can't identify it :p

-D

14. Spawnof84

Spawnof84 Member

I've only heard Sick Salvation and i think it's fucking badass:kickass: plan on ordering a copy tomorrow.

15. Nefilim

Nefilim Rotten undead buccaneer

I agree with everything you say. Nothing sticks yet, and I can't even pick a fav song. Well played and nice sound though, but something's missing.

I also have to agree with Tumn that the sample is a bit odd in Sick Salvation, but I guess it might grow on ya.

Well guys, all your previous releases kicked more ass than this one, but don't give up, I'm sure you've got at least another album to crank out of that hole right where your heart once used to be.

16. -[chop]-

-[chop]- Sober alcoholic!

I think its wierd...the speech that is..well the rest of the song is awsome...and my favorite i think :p

17. foodforthegods

Here's a review posted on Metal-Archives

This guy must be deaf or dumb:zombie:

18. The Poona of Peshwa

The Poona of Peshwa Blood Glutton

If that guy's older than 16 I'll eat my hat. RTC "ushered a completely new era in Swedish Death Metal scene"? That's absolutely laughable, it was a tribute to a long gone era in metal. I wonder if this guy's ever even heard Dismember or Entombed. I don't hear progressive influences on the ep at all...

19. Flal

Flal Flal

Yeah, he's an idiot....

20. Khayman666

Khayman666 Lord of the tomb

Hope the CD comes tomorrow so I can give it a listen! Curious to know what they used and which film they got it from.