This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

US/Canada Tour Part II

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by amon666, May 18, 2011.

1. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

standing somewhere in the middle towards the back is my place of choice due to best sound, view, comfort, bar/restroom proximity, etc.,

2. amon666

amon666 Member

You traveled to the future? :O August 16th?

3. Lucien_Konrad

Lucien_Konrad New Metal Member

well mayhem 2. 3 years back wasnt bad, I only went for the main stage which was Dragonforce mastadon Disturbed and slipknot.

4. Lukasz

Lukasz You mean coitus?

Flying out tomorrow morning to Pittsburgh, just some wishful thinking.

5. Lukasz

Lukasz You mean coitus?

and probably one of very few places where you might actually be able to headbang in peace these days.

6. SlayerFan928

SlayerFan928 New Metal Member

Yea, Mayhem 2009 (I think) with Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, The Black Dahlia Murder, and Slayer didn't look terrible. Wasn't able to go though. Would have loved to have seen Slayer then. :( I don't if I would have wanted to sit through Killswitch Engage and Bullet for my Vallentine on the mainstage just to hear a 13 song Slayer set though. But I got to see them last year with Megadeth and Anthrax, so it was all good.

Also, as a side note, I'm hoping Cannibal Corpse plays an all ages show in New Orleans or Houston soon, as I have yet to see them live. But as for festivals, I plan on making it to Wacken when I turn 18. Only 3 more years...

7. amon666

amon666 Member

Getting ready to head out. I'll post what happens in couple of days since I'll be out of town.

8. Shadow77

Shadow77 Member

Got my tickets for the 27th..sucks all my friends bailed on me but hey,least I know I gonna have fun

9. Canadian Viking

Canadian Viking New Metal Member

Heading out to the Phoenix Concert Center in Toronto tonight for the show. Missed the last two shows in Toronto over the years, can't wait to finally see one of their shows. None of my buddies were able to go though, sucks to be them. First AA show too. :D

10. Brisantni

Brisantni Member

You will see that you're not the only person without companionship. I visited two concerts of their last european tour. The first of them alone. I couldn't imagine to go alone to a concert. It was not that easy for me. But to watch Amon Amarth.... Felt a little oddly at the beginning. But I would do it again, it was so great! In any case your're right, you gonna have fun. :wave:

11. Lucien_Konrad

yeah going alone to a concert can suck at times, or be amazing, depending on the concert. AA is one of those concerts ill go to if it was literally going to kill me.

12. Brisantni

Brisantni Member

So much love from side of a sister! I'll show your post to my brother and my sister....! Apart from that, I'm suffering from the same disorder, but EVERY week. It's heavy.

13. Brisantni

Brisantni Member

Indeed. And it awakes.

14. Thimon

Thimon Member

If someone offers me AA playing this setlist in exchange for killing somebody...I guess I would at least think about it :D

15. Thimon

Thimon Member

I've even been to an All-Day Festival alone, so I guess I'm already used to that. Alway had my fun though ^^

16. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

some friends you have then :Shedevil:

17. Lucien_Konrad

oh man, AA tonight was FUCKING AWSOME! we got the exact same set as Vancouver did. Johan knows how to work a crowd.

first time for me: the whole crowd did a thank you chant for the band.

Last time my throat was this sore was Mayhem fest with Mastadon Dragonforce Disturbed and Slipknot on one stage, ugh. annoyed i didnt get the sweater i wanted, and missed out on catching a pick.

18. Shadow77

Shadow77 Member

Well one moved for family reasons,brother ended up working...But my ex of all people has decided to jump in and go,which in itself should make for an interesting night lol

19. amon666

amon666 Member

Just came back in town. What a beautiful journey it was. Here's some details, got there 7:30 pm, and got in at 8:30. Show started 9:35 playing the first full album which was just amazing, but didn't headbang much because I was saving it for the 2nd set. They took 15 min break and got back on stage for the 2nd set and oh god I creamed my pants on how epic it was. I enjoyed this show much more than the last time I saw them, probably because of my positioning and not much pushing was involved. I bumped into rouw316 at the beginning of the show, he took shitload of pictures that he should be posting soon. The set is the same as it's posted here. Like Lucien said, it was the first time seeing the crowed chanting Thank You few times it was pretty sweet.

Highlights:
    Amon Amarth energy.
    Amon Amarth set.
    Security passing cold water.
    Got a pick! :D
    At last met someone from this forum
    Didn't have a bad case of neck stiffness next morning

Downlights:
    Was expecting to see guitars with graphics on them, sadly they didn't have those :/
    Was standing in front of the speakers on the right side, it kept vibrating my nose and my mustache hair. I spent a good time in the concert scratching my nose, it was really itchy.
    No air condition. I easily lost 15 pounds of sweat there.
    No coat check so I had to keep an eye on my bag that was full of merch all the time. (I suggest buying the merch, putting it in your car and going back in)

Overall, it was an unreal experience that I'd do over and over again any day.

20. Lucien_Konrad

oh you fucker, you got a pick! I was there trying too, but I didnt end up catching one. oh well, next time!

edit: I didnt save myself for the second set, I already have this whole week set for relaxation and recovery cuz I knew Id sing EVERY word of EVERY song played. AA is just too good not to so my necks super stiff and I cant speak!

edit 2: and that could have been done, but did you read the note on the door at the pheonix? all exits are final there