This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

US/Canada Tour Part II

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by amon666, May 18, 2011.

1. Northern Shaman

Absolutely loved it! I definitely lucked out this time, though. I have had a grudge against the Commodore for a long time (since it's an age-restricted venue and I've missed many cool shows there) but I turned 19 this summer, just in time to see Amon Amarth headlining Vancouver for the 4th time.. I don't think I've missed one yet! First one was back in 2007 when I was 15 or so.

Also, I definitely agree with Shadow on saying AA are one of the best live bands out there. I saw Slayer the night before as well, and they didn't come close to the energy provided by AA. Even George Fisher of Cannibal Corpse agreed! Saw/met him after the AA show.

I think I heard Johan giving you a shout during the show as well! Pretty cool stuff.

2. amon666

amon666 Member

I take it back about stiff neck, just had a good sleep and woke up in pain!

3. Lucien_Konrad

Lucien_Konrad New Metal Member

hahahahahaha, mine was sore before I slept, and its was really sore last night but its not as bad now after my second night of sleep after. and I was banging and singing along with every word that concert.

4. amon666

amon666 Member

Can't say I was singing along every song on the new album, as I didn't listen to it enough I guess. Besides nothing beats Once Sent From Golden Hall songs or Vs the World.

5. dwnocturnal

dwnocturnal New Metal Member

Anyone here going to the show at Expo Five in Louisville, KY? No one I know is going so far...except myself.

6. edubz

edubz Member

[​IMG]

7. amon666

amon666 Member

Is that the guy from pawn stars? If so, it's actually an awesome show

8. Lucien_Konrad

Lucien_Konrad New Metal Member

I play nothing but AA some nights, and I am OCD about knowing the lyrics of the music I enjoy, especially when bands like AA write such amazing storys into their lyrics.

9. SlayerOvLight

SlayerOvLight New Metal Member

Me and a couple friends will be driving 8 hours to the Louisville show next week. Reading your guys' posts about the tour gets me really pumped up. This will be our first time seeing the band. Do the guys usually hang out around the venue before the show and meet fans? Or will they come out after the show around the tour bus? They've been one of my fav bands and one of the first extreme metal bands I ever got into, so I'd love to meet the dudes and get some pics and autographs |,,|

10. PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden To ride the storm ...

my friend waited for them around the tour bus and got pictures with everyone, then even took time to sign is Québec flag. I don't know how much time he had to wait though

I saw the Montreal & Québec city shows and they were both beyond awesome btw

Cheers !
    PowerMaiden

11. Lukasz

Lukasz You mean coitus?

Just got back from Mr. Smalls show, the venue is cool, it’s an old church where the stage is the old alter and you definitely have the church vibe. However the sound was not as good, for a huge hollow building it sounded a bit off.

The first set was a bit unenthusiastic as the Pittsburg crowed was lame, it took Johann mentioning Detroit in order for all these fucking crazy football fanatics to get riled up. The second set was identical to the Canadian dates, no changes at all. I was hoping for burning creation, as I was the asshole yelling it between every song, however that did not happen. Overall it was a good show, but Pittsburg did set a pretty low bar for the US part of the tour.

Overall its been a good trip to Pittsburg, I managed to burn a lot of money in 6 days, break my cell phone, nearly got arrested, and cracked my tooth in the pit (Stupid kids running around like stiff little nerds trying to hurt people).

12. jayxedge

jayxedge New Metal Member

anyone going to be at the aug 20th in sayreville nj?

13. Odenthrall

Odenthrall New Metal Member

Just bought my ticket for the Boise show, Sept 3rd. VERY stoked, great venue, all I gotta do now is wait. Errrr, that's the hard part.

14. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

any idea on the capacity of that venue ?

just trying to figure out if to buy tickets now or day of

15. Tyra

Tyra Member

Yeah, see, that's just it: In Vancouver, you either end up with a small venue which means you can't get all the fans in (thus disappointing fans and loosing sales) or you get a bigger venue, but then it's not all ages and the ticket prices go up (thus disappointing the undre age fans and loosing out on sales). I had my kids with me, just cuz they want to see their uncle, and they obviously can't be on the floor. I'm usually in the crowd, but this time, I watched from back stage, up above the curtain. At this venue, that gives you a completely different angle than I've ever seen a gig from. I more or less saw what Johan sees this time. That was pretty wild, as you can see the crowd move in waves (and you can see the fuckers in the front row turn white and almost die from being pushed up against the railing in near-boiling temperatures) and all the mouths moving along to the lyrics. And man, you can watch the security do their thing. I have a whole new appreciation for what they do now. The one thing that stands out for me during the shows, that I suppose most of you don't have to think about, is that I'm always worried about the safety of the band mambers, and I worry about someone getting hurt on the floor because I know it concerns Johan. For me it's obviously a kick to watch my brother perform just because he's my brother, but even if he were not, honestly, I love this band and I love them the most live. I enjoyed this venue.

16. reckoning87

reckoning87 Member

Went to the Baltimore show last night, heres some HD video i got:

#136 reckoning87, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  17. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

just checked them out, good stuff

thanks

18. Tyra

Tyra Member

19. GuitarRage99

GuitarRage99 Across The Rainbow Bridge

Had an absolute blast yet again last night with the mighty AMON AMARTH!!!!

20. Twigmaster

Twigmaster New Metal Member

I think Disneyland was afraid of what would happen if they didn't play there.

Not sure if you went to that show but my favorite part was leaving House of Blues into downtown disney and seeing the park visitors faces :D