This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Username

Discussion in 'The Iron Maidens' started by yosmark, Jun 5, 2007.

1. yosmark

yosmark I love Wanda

I thought in this thread because i want to know some of the storys or only meanings of the usernames of the people in this forum, i specially want to know the story (meaning) of the username of Linda, Sara and Jim, so i will start:

We were drinking some tequila in the house of a friend and we were alone (there were just 5 of us) so we got really drunk that day, and one of my friends (beto) was too drunk so he started to shout me YOSMARK YOSMARK YOSMARK because i think he was meaning to shout Yoshiki (my real name) so we all started to laugh and i liked that name and then we tried to play some songs but we were to drunk. :)

2. darthrya

darthrya Maiden fan since I was 9

I always find these threads entertaining. :headbang:

My cyberspace handle is a morph of two knicknames: Darth and Rya. The former I got when I was stationed at Fort Lewis because I'd carry a red light saber as my safety signal at the rifle range instead of a red glow stick. The latter is what my family calls me.

3. Red Shirt

Red Shirt Member

I always wear Iron Maiden's first tour shirt to concerts and other places around the world - which is a Red Shirt that says Iron Maiden on it. Since the shirt stands out I thought it would be a simple name everybody can identify me with both on the boards and at the gigs. :heh:

4. Lord of Delusions

Mine is just a little play on words. Instead of the "Lord of Illusions", its "Lord of Delusions". Not nearly as interesting a story as some would have though, eh?

5. Doodoobubbachuck

Doodoobubbachuck Maidens' drums

During the last (Smokin) Joe Frazier/Ali fight in the "Thrilla in Manilla",
    when Frazier was asked what he thought about Ali he said:

He ain't nothing but a scambooga and a DOODOOBUBBACHUCK!

I just thought those were hilarious words and had to use one of em! :oops:

6. CRSCHKUM

CRSCHKUM BAND MOM

Mine is my favorite hockey penalty. Crosscheck---um but I shortened it to CRSCHKUM. The "um" is slang for "them". I have had different ways it can be written through mylife... Old license plate "XCHKUM", CROSSCHKUM", New license plate " CRSCKUM" and sooooo on. Not tooo much a fun story but my fav :)

7. Swan

Swan Member

Way back when I first joined, I don't think TIMS were a part of UM. I was there for the My Dying Bride board, and "Turn Loose the SWANs" was a favorite tune.

Other than Darthrya ... any other My Dying Bride fans out there? I heard some of the gals do "Cookie Monster", eh?

8. Deadnight Warrior87

Deadnight Warrior87 The Tempest

At first I thought it had to do with The Flinstones, but then i realized that was Yabbadabbadoo. :lol:

My comes from a Children of Bodom song, I like Children of Bodom. :)

9. Metallicat180

Metallicat180 Rockstar-In-Training

Checking into the Psycho Motel...Crieff, Scotland
    Interesting stories!!

Mine comes from the inside cover of the Garage Inc booklet, where Metallica are dressed up in bow ties, suits etc with the caption "The Metallicats - covering all your favourites!" I thought it was hilarious and loved the name but when I went to use it (on the MetClub boards), it was taken so stuck 180 on the end because I was watching darts at the time, and that is the highest score you can get with 3 darts.

10. Puckfiend

Puckfiend Mini Ross Halfin

I'm a hockey fanatic, and I came up with Puckfiend one summer when I was going through withdrawals. I think a friend asked me if I was ready for hockey to start back up and I said "Yeah, I'm fiending for some puck right now" or something like that and have been using it as my online screenname & email address since.

11. darthrya

darthrya Maiden fan since I was 9

Great stories!

Sarah does some in the backing vocals sometimes. It's not the usual stuff - just a nice growl to add to the intensity of the song.

12. Downshifter

Downshifter Member

great stories

I got mine from Mark tremonti, when creed disolved and he began to work on another project, we went to orlando, and he played some new material for me, with him doing vocals, he said they think they had a name...downshifter

...but where working out the legalities, anyways turned out downshifter was already in use, and they became alter bridge. turns out the alter bridge was a monument in detroit, where he grew up, and it symbolized the otherside of the tracks, the darkside, the bad area of town accross that bridge.

enjoy game 5 tonight
    Ducks should pull it!

13. yosmark

yosmark I love Wanda

That username always sounded funny to me, i once shouted DOODOOBUBBACHUCK and my mom told me ..... are you nuts??

Oh i thought you loved cats or something like that.... silly me :loco:

14. drumslut

drumslut orfnikcufecin

When I was playing drums in multiple bands, a friend of mine began calling me "Drumslut." Although I only play in one band now, the name stuck.

15. Rendclaw

Rendclaw Wrathchild Panther

Mine came from a superhero RPG. I had an anthropomorphic black panther character, and I just had a flash of insight and the name came out of the blue.... I liked it so much that I kept it as my online name.

I knew someone back in my early days of being online that had the handle of Metallikat... for a quick second when I first came online here, I thought you were him.... but that obviously was not the case. ;)

16. METAL GOD

METAL GOD In Metal We Trust

:kickass: One of my Fave songs of all time, "Metal Gods"...from one of the best bands ever... JUDAS PRIEST :kickass:

17. MiniMurray

MiniMurray Member

back in 2001 at the inception of this band we were all thinking of stage names. i was watching alot of austin powers dvds during this time and i loved dr. evil - i thought the concept of a minime was hilarious!! at this time tribute bands were new to me and i wanted to have fun with the whole mockstar thing so i combined the two - and minimurray was born!!!

18. Sabbathking

Sabbathking Member

A friend of mine had given me the nickname of Sabbathking due to me being a Black Sabbath fanatic and knowing alot about them,plus having a huge Sabbath collection!

19. Timewarrior2001

My nick, well Its an odd story,

I was given this nickname by a drug dealer back in 1999.

We used to go round her house get wrecked on Ecstasy and LSD and talk shit for England all night.

Anyway It sounded much cooler when I was on drugs and back in 1999. But hey I've used it for 8 years and I kinda like it now.

<sings> I dont like the drugs but the drugs like me </sings> :headbang:

20. Stone

Stone Metal Lives On!

mine is pretty simple, it was shortened from my all time fav pro wrestler, Stonecold Steve Austin. The attitude he pulled off in his work just stuck and so "stone". I've had it for several years now, heck when I hung out in the seattle main chat room all the time, my name in the room was "stonecoldez". And now that I think about it, stone came from all my seattle friends in the chat, they wouldn't call me stonecoldez they would call me stone, in person or online.