This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

VAN CANTO rocks!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Purveyor Of Evil, Oct 25, 2008.

1. mtndewqueen88

mtndewqueen88 Mark the Music

Oh haha I believe that was the group "Infinite Harmony" playing on the Live@WREK show. Thanks for listening! We have three a Capella groups on campus. Freshman year I attended one of the a Capella shows because my friend was a vocalist, and I was blown away by how much fun it was. They were really into the performance and did a great job of hamming it up. Van Canto probably would be just as fun live, but I could never see them becoming a favorite band or anything. It's like you said, I'd rather hear the real thing. However, it's really hard to dismiss the entertainment factor in play here!

2. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

I understand your point of view and I don't disagree with it. With that said, I can also see how this band could be played off as a gimmick by long time musicians. Basically, that's all I was stating from my post.

~Brian~

3. DoomsdayZach

DoomsdayZach The Professor was right

Whoa... i was hammered and i didn't say "fuck this band, they suck ass". i couldn't open this thread all day because i thought i'd ripped them up and that i'd have offended someone haha.

There's no doubt that this stuff takes talent. For me, it's just misplaced talent. It takes talent to do a lot of things. To me, this is just another Jurassic Park band. They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.