This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Van Halen tour dates announced

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by adaher, Jan 7, 2012.

1. FatesFan

FatesFan Member

I saw them live on the Fair Warning tour and that was one hell of a show. In fact it still ranks in my top 3 or 4 shows ever. I think I will let that be my lasting live impression of them. I wish I had taken that approach with Queensryche as well. I should have stopped the live QR shows after Empire.

2. Hal9000

Hal9000 Dark Lord

They should have Nickelback open, then there would be 2 reasons for me not to go.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

A new song was posted today:

Personally, it is kinda lame.

#23 TheLongshot, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  4. edgeofthorns

edgeofthorns 24 Hours Ago...

Ok...I rank this new song 2 out of 5 stars...and I'm being kind at that. Both Dave and Eddie look good though...but Wolfgang looks so out of place that it's comical! Damn...the dude should just go form his own modern rock band and let the old men do their thing...

~Brian~

5. VenomGA

VenomGA At War With Stan

anybody notice how off DLR is with his lip syncing at times??? that song is cringe worthy!!!!

6. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

The new song is OK. Not great but not horrible either IMO. To me it sounds more like a DLR solo song then a VH song. I have a feeling the rest of the album is going to be way better than this.

7. espz

espz Member

Just watched the video after seeing the "controversy" over it being an old song they've just re-done (so Hagar claims) on Blabbermouth link:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=168122

I'm pretty doubtful about this whole thing personally, and the clips of them at the small venue were pretty horrifying. And the clips of their last tour seemed pretty damn bad.

But this song....it does seem to fit in with how I remember the old Van Halen being. The backing vocals are closer than I thought they'd be with out Michael Anthony.

I've always loved Roth's delivery, he IS a hell of a showman, along the lines of Bon Scott, and hell, even Vince Neil for that matter....none are "great" singers but they deliver.

And you can't take anything away from Eddie being a hell of a guitar player. He may be crazy as F*k but he can still shred.

I rate it at least as good as the two songs they did on the greatest hits album, which were just above acceptable and interesting. Certainly not what they once were but....I guess I'll have to buy the cd. Don't think I can handle seeing them live. Saw them on the 1984 tour. Roth was drunk off his a$$ and forgetting words, but it was still one of the highlights of my early concert going life. It was also the first time I spent the night in line for tickets to something. Possibly the only....I can't remember anymore. :err:

On the out of 5 scale...I'll go 3.5.

8. mëtålspëd

mëtålspëd Umlauts ist Krieg

More than all set with this.