This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

violinist/violin instructor required

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by DominaLunaris, Jul 1, 2007.

1. DominaLunaris

DominaLunaris Member

hi. i recently moved to montreal and i want to take up learning the violin again. i'm still at beginner level. i can't afford what the fancy shmancy art institutes are offering. 24-30$ for thirty minutes:cry: ! so i thought to try my luck here. i don't care if you have any experience, just so long as you play the violin decently. please send me your rates.

p.s: i don't mind learning with another person/a group of people if the what you are charging reflects that fairly.

on another note (to all violinists in general): can you teach yourself to play the violin (self-learning)? and how does one go about doing that?

thanks! :kickass:

2. Conti

Conti Chief Conti

self learning may be difficult cause if your ear isnt trained then you won't know when you are playing a bad note...

3. DominaLunaris

DominaLunaris Member

ooooh. trust me with violin that isn't the problem. i took a few courses and i know what it ISN'T supposed to sound like :lol:

4. Conti

Conti Chief Conti

well I don't know the violin is a very hard instrument, I think having an instructer would be the best way to go.