This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Vocal isht, (again!)

Discussion in 'Musicians Discussion' started by Metal is Religion, Apr 16, 2003.

1. Metal is Religion

Metal is Religion Anti-Christ

ok, if i got it right, the growls arent supposed to be louder than talking volume, its supposed to come from teh gut. if all this is true i got it, but what about the black metal voice? if thats supposed to be talking volume as well, than i got that too, just someone tell me if im right please!

2. Ultimate_Symphony

Ultimate_Symphony Rusted Angel

I'm not an expert in black metal vocals, but I doubt the black metal style has to be in talking volume. As you may know, the black metal style uses screaming and screeching. The only thing you should be aware of is your vocal chords, remember that you could get hurt if you don't practice enough.

3. nØthing

nØthing Christpuncher

Well from my experience, the higher I go, the more I use my vocal chords. Maybe I'm just inexperienced, but it hurts my vocal chords when I do black metal vocals for a while. Good thing I do death vocals. :p

4. Floyd

Floyd Member

I don't think that BM-vocals should be talking volume....... I don't really think that the Deathmetal-growls should be talking volume either...... I noticed, that it seems to hurt my throat less if I do it at "full volume" (not "full force"). This also seems easier to me.
    I always try to adjust the volume of the music to my volume when I growl/scream along to stuff instead of going the other way round.

5. Metal is Religion

i might have to try that. i just gotta work on volume and i think ill be fine, thanks!

6. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Watcher of the Storm

Denver, Colorado, United States of Arrogance
    if it sounds good, and doesn't hurt, then you're good. there are no rules for that, ya know?

7. Metal is Religion

sweet. BM is tough, but apparently i cant scream loud, so it comes out about talking volume and so does Dm vocals, i like The Wanderers response, ill take that into consideration. thanks again to everyone who helped me out