This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wacken 2010

Discussion in 'Amon Amarth' started by jano90, Dec 19, 2009.

1. jano90

jano90 New Metal Member

Will Amon Amarth play on Wacken 2010?

2. DamageInc.

DamageInc. Annoying drum nerd

they are not confirmed yet... so... no... they wont... if there is any change on that www.wacken.com can help you better than anything

3. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

not likely since they played there in 2009 and tranditionally bands play there every 2-3 years only

4. Belgar

Belgar The Wallonian Redneck.

Jupiter2 this is Alpha control do you copy?
    Hopefully Wacken won't keep on taking the road it has been taking the last few meetings. They have turned this nice event into a huge cattle ranch.

5. gnoff

gnoff Member

Indeed, I don't see myself going back anytime soon.
    Was very nice a while back though!

6. Kobusfan

Kobusfan Member

Belgar - Hopefully Wacken won't keep on taking the road it has been taking the last few meetings. They have turned this nice event into a huge cattle ranch.
    That sucks!! I was thinking of going in 2010. It's far for me to travel since it's about a 13 hours flight plus the train rides. Would you guys suggest I still go or is there any other festivals that I should rather consider?

7. Belgar

Belgar The Wallonian Redneck.

Jupiter2 this is Alpha control do you copy?
    Look at the ticket price that has gone up by almost 30 euros over the years, fees that are added for anything. On top of that, you add a crowd that just keeps getting bigger every year, with lines to go to the stage area sometimes of 45 minutes, then you are stacked up like sardines, dixit iron maiden in '08. It just makes the whole experience so unbearable.
    The food, beer prices have also gone up. The camping was horrible the last few times, feel like you are 4 kms away from the anything, the lineup is also always the same with obscure bands being more hard to come by.
    There are so many other metal fests across the EU all summer long that Wacken has become overrated.
    I for once would much rather go to Hellfest in France. Wacken has just gotten bigger and bigger over the years and lost much of its appeal.
    Bigger, better is not always a reality and Wacken has slowly lost much of its appeal, at least for many who have gone there for several years.

8. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

Metal Camp looks good with probably nicest surroundings/landsape of all festivals.

9. requiem

requiem I bleed sir, but not killed

While I didn't got this year, Hellfest was amazing in 2008. I can highly recommend it.

10. Kobusfan

Kobusfan Member

Well that's it then... I thought about going to one of the Finnish fests, but don't really know how they are?
    Did also hear Hellfest is cool so may look into that more seriously.

11. heavy metal

heavy metal Member

in england we have our own intimate fantastic festival called bloodstock open air. i know this because i went this year.

12. Hansa-Pils

Hansa-Pils German Beer

I prefer Rock hard festival for its fair prices and great band choices year after year.:)

Or party.san is great too, has very fair prices.;)

btw: Wacken is not metal!

13. DanielViking

DanielViking New Metal Member

last year they were stunning. i won't mind to see them again this year :)

14. PaganBlood

PaganBlood Congicate

Tomasz is right. Metalcamp all the way! The festival is Amazing! Also summer breeze this year. Line up = KILLER!! and also Party San is killer!

15. MetalVixen

MetalVixen anti-stella

Amon Amarth is playing the 70000 tons of metal cruise ! I booked my ticket already. I still haven't been to Wacken but I better go soon cause they keep hiking the prices.

16. Tomasz

Tomasz outdoor type

yes, summer breeze line up looks just awesome

in states, Maryland Death Fest looks promising as well, seems to be getting better and better year to year

17. PG

PG Member

Tuska 2nd to 4th of July
    Tuska is hold in Kaisaniemi park located just a few hundred meters behind the central railway station in Helsinki, so it's very convenient to come there. Good location, you can bring your own booze to the festival area in plastic bottles, pretty decent bands but the food is usually not so good.
    Line-up looks pretty good so far: Devin Townsend – Ziltoid The Omniscient, world exclusive, Mastodon, Megadeth, Satyricon, Testament, Kamelot, Devin Townsend Project, Finntroll, Hypocrisy, Pain, Tarot, Nile, Swallow The Sun, Overkill, Cannibal Corpse, Obituary, Bloodbath, Trigger The Bloodshed, Warmen, Sotajumala, Holy Grail, Rytmihäiriö, Torture Killer, Barren Earth, Insomnium, FM2000, [Amatory], The Arson Project

Hammer Open Air Metal Festival 11th to 12th of June

Sauna Open Air 10th to 12th of June

Nummirock 24th to 26th of June
    Metal midsummer party in the middle of nowhere, you can get there by a train/bus combo though.

Jalometalli 13th to 14th of August
    This is good one, great bands, both in- and outdoor stage, good food.

Other more or less rock and pop festivals with some metal bands in the line-up

Provinssirock 18th to 20th of June
    Ruisrock 9th to 11th of July
    Ilosaarirock 17th 18th of July

Then there's Myötätuulirock where Exodus will be this year and Ankkarock were Amon Amarth were last year.

18. Feicht

Feicht Oh man, that is hot!!!

I went in 2007 and 2008. It was a cool experience, but I could tell it was getting a little "out of hand" if you know what I mean. Lots of kids going there just to say they went to Wacken for street cred points or something, and not really caring about the bands. In 2008 I also went to Party.San in Bad Berka and that was probably the best festival I've ever been to. You get the same awesome bands as festivals like Wacken, but there are like 1/6 as many people there. No lines for anything, one stage, and you could get right up front for basically whatever band you wanted (and if you didn't want to, you still have a great view because the ground sort of slopes down towards where they put the stage). It seemed to me that the "real metal fans" if you like are tending to go to these sorts of festivals now instead of the huge overblown ones.

Then again, it's easy for me to say, having gone to Wacken already. So maybe you just need to experience it for yourself and make your own opinion :D

19. Vilewoman

Vilewoman BitchWurst

We are doing Hellfest and Summer Breeze this year.
    *clears throat* neeeeeeeeeeeee neeeeeerrrr :)

20. Thimon

Thimon Member

Nice. Maybe we'll randomly meet again at Summer Breeze like last year ;).

Hellfest sounds nice too.....BLOODBATH live. Argh. Too bad I can't catch any of the dates this year. :erk: