This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Welcome to HotLanta - Forum Member Lunch on Thursday!

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by LunaTEKKE, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Diamond45

Diamond45 Terminate Bad Music

Thread bump. Please let us know by Monday evening if you wish to attend. Of course we'll let you come if you walk in off the street, I'm just trying to get a head count. :loco:

2. lane_miller

lane_miller Space Ghost

Count me in! Lane :headbang:

3. Sumeet

Sumeet Member

Hmmm... looks like gold badge pickup starts at 12:30, so as long as I can do that then get over the Front Page News in time, I'll be there along with a couple others.

4. TechnicolorTaco

TechnicolorTaco New Metal Member

As with Sumeet, I may be a little late because I want to pick up my gold badge before I head to this lunch.

5. Diamond45

No problem! Come when you can. I just hope it's not raining so we can all sit outside on the patio.

6. NorseBlood

NorseBlood franks n steins

Will there be any other lunches like this on Friday or Saturday? I'm really sorry to miss this one and would love to meet some of the people here on this forum.

7. Mardoch

Mardoch Defender of the Universe

Not organized, but...you're virtually guaranteed to see throngs of attendees lunching at Vespucci's, Subway, and/or Sausalito's Friday and Saturday. Quite possibly Thursday as well.

Most of us don't mind a previously unknown to us attendee plopping down at a table with us for some quality BSing.

8. Reverend Su

Reverend Su Member

most folks are amenable to saying 'hey, you look like one of us, we're heading out for food, want to join?'

I know that's how we've become friends with a few folks who attended solo.

and really, if you don't leave with a shit-ton of new friends, you did it all wrong!!! :)

9. ThXinc

ThXinc Uber Metal

Sure, count me on the list of people coming after GB pick up...I may drag one of my roomies with if they have arrived by then.:kickass:

10. Diamond45

You'll find plenty of PP patrons at the various eating establishments in and around Center Stage. (Just look for the black shirts!) I know I'll be at Vespucci's and Sausalitos on Friday and Saturday. They have great food and highly recommend both establishments.

As I said before, we used to have these things on Fridays but it got too crazy with all the events going on so we had to move it to Thursday.

If you see me over the weekend, feel free to say hello. :)

Sounds like a plan. I made reservations for 25 to 30 people. Hope they've got plenty of room for us! :lol:

11. labarum

labarum Cotton Candy Collector

I'm having to drop out of the lunch because my buddy scheduled us to go hang-gliding in the morning and I dont think there's any way possible to make it.
    As others have said, I really would like to meet some of you because I am flying solo this year.
    So if you see this guy (me) walking around
    [​IMG]
    I give you permission to honk me on the buns and wink. Then we'll be officially friends.

See you guys out there!

12. Diamond45

A big thank you for those who attended on Thursday. We had around 40 people.

I hope that we can have this event next year!

[​IMG]

13. jem777az

jem777az Bozzman

Thanks to everyone who Michelle and I met at the luncheon. It was great to meet some new faces!

14. LunaTEKKE

LunaTEKKE Madness Reigns

@Diamond45 - Thanks for posting this...so glad that this tradition has been rekindled!

@jem77az - Great to meet you and Michelle as well!

Hope that everyone made it home safely, and definitely hoping that we can do this again next year. A couple of friends visited a food truck festival that takes place on Thursdays and said that the food was great, so that might be a good option as well.

15. OrionSon

OrionSon Member

Great, I'm the only one in the photo not looking at the camera. What a legacy, haha.