This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What amp sims and cab impulses have you been using?

Discussion in 'Backline' started by vejichan, Dec 15, 2015.

1. vejichan

vejichan Member

For me tse x50 and recabinet 4 and all the built in impulses.
    How about you guys?
    also how's revalver 4 and th3 and amplitube 4?
    thanks

2. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

for hardware I'm using the Line 6 Helix with Ownhammer and the new JST Conquer All IRs. For VST I'm using Pod Farm 2, TSE X50v2 and Recabinet 4 with the same IRs along with some of the stock ones.

3. Alpha-Dee

Alpha-Dee Member

For my own stuff: TSE X50v2 with Whitechapel ANEOC-impulse (because I play music in similiar vein in same the tuning). Obviously have to eliminate some annoying whistle peaks in the high-end.

When mixing other people's stuff I usually go with X50v2 once again, but this time with the original impulses, maybe blending them etc.

4. pattonfreak1

pattonfreak1 Bored Member

Currently hooked on Mercuriall U530 with the Frozen Sun Audio IRs

5. RiF

RiF Member

I just recently switched to Avid Eleven (Mk2). It's the most natural sounding and feels most real to me when playing. Sits far better in a mix than everything else I've tried (AT3, S-Gear, Guitar Rig, all kind of POD's and Podfarm, Revalver, ...).

6. Dans

Dans Member

Made a whole album with Ignite Amps Emissary and the infamous Sperimental IR pack.
    I also really like Nick Crow's 7170 and 8505 amps, as well as the tried-and-true TSE X50.
    Some of my new favorite IRs are from Rosen Digital, Fat Lazy Cabs, and JST's Conquer All pack.

7. mva801

mva801 Member

eleven sounds great to me for low gain stuff, but I've got nothing less than atrocious sounding results with any of the higher gain stuff. What amps are you favoring? Using the stock cabs or separate impulses??

8. DesireX

DesireX Member

Been using x50v2 with the JST Conquer All impulses recently!

9. GrabtharsHammer77

TSE X50 / Rosen Digital Impulses for guitar, Revalver 4 with David Ellefson pack for bass.

10. He's Dead, Jim

Bit off-topic, but does anybody know of any really good, free bass cab impulses? Nolly uses a redwirez ampeg 8X10 with a d112 in his CreativeLive video and it has a great thump with clean high end on it and I realized all my bass impulses sound like dogshit by comparison.

11. Mister Revenant

I found some free Ampeg VL-1002, SVT-810e, Eden 4x10xlt, and Orange Custom 4x12 a few years ago on some forum I frequented. They're pretty decent..

12. bryan_kilco

bryan_kilco Member

TSE X50 (v1) and I think guitarhacks impulses get me by fairly well. I've got a bunch of impulses I need to experiment more with though.

13. RiF

RiF Member

For high gain, I like the Rectifier and Bogner Red (Ecstasy) models. The Recto likes the Green JRC Overdrive in front.
    I could match my real Dual Rec with Eleven's model almost completely. For this, I've used a self shot IR of my own Mesa 4x12 cabinet, though.
    Regarding the built-in cabinets from Eleven, I am using a dual-cab setup. Usually a blend between a 57 or SM7 (on or off axis) with a 4x12 G65 or Bogner 2x12 plus another cab (4x12 or 2x12) using the 121 Ribbon on-axis. I am still playing around, because the aforementioned options just came in with Eleven Mk2 that I've purchased a few days ago.

The attached file "RiF-CloudsOverCA-ElevenMk2.mp3" is a double-tracked Les Paul Standard -> Green JRC Overdrive -> ElevenMk2 Recto Modern (25% spkr breakup) -> 2x12 B30/Dyn7 On Axis (0 dB) + 4x12 65W/Ribbon 121 On Axis (-8 dB). Same setup for both left and right guitars.

The file "RiF-BognerRed-ElevenMk2.mp3" is a quick riff through the Green JRC-Overdrive -> Bogner Ecstasy Red -> same cabs as above.

Attached Files:

#13 RiF, Dec 27, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  14. Vihaleipä

Vihaleipä Member

For the high gain stuff I've found myself using the free Ignite Amps vst's quite a bit lately, TS-999 in front of Emissary usually, followed with their IR loader plugin running the good ol' Catharsis s-preshigh-impulse. I've tried pretty much every single free impulse response there is, and at some point I just said "fuck it!" and settled with that one because that thing just works for me, maybe I should experiment more with the different IR's in the future though... :D.

15. theXbucket

theXbucket Member

recently bought the plugin alliance amps megadual and the 2 engl amps. paired with the latest own hammer mesa impulses they sound really good and organic!