This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are your favorite alternative metal albums?

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by LethalCockSlap, Sep 21, 2021.

1. LethalCockSlap

For me, nothingface, acid bath, and engine do the most with that 90's style of grunge emotionality. What defines the genre are the vocals and level of eclecticism. I would also say slipknot but i think at least 90% of their music is trash, corey tayler's stoner-sour is horrible.

Here are some albums i've been listening to recently:

There's also some good progressive metal bands, but its often not brutal or metal enough for my tastes.

2. no country for old wainds

SOAD and rammstein i both love if they count.

LethalCockSlap and zerostatic like this.
  3. LethalCockSlap

absolutely, SOAD is pretty amazing, and i like ramstein as well even though that's generally not the kind thing i go for when im looking for metal. You might like Igorrr:

I guess this genre has come a long way...here are 2 songs by mushroom head that are worth listening to, along with full videos:

#3 LethalCockSlap, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  4. CiG

CiG The Flesh Is Weak

lol

Slayed Necros likes this.
  5. LethalCockSlap

You know what? I'm listening to mushroomhead's album "XX", and overall it's just really good. Fans typically like their older stuff the best, but this is just so well produced and good. I hated it the first time, but i guess i just wasn't hearing the album. And as far as linkin park is concerned, a lot of their stuff is good but the lyrics are just way too whiny and repetitive. It's all about this one person that chester bennington hated...himself!

6. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

7. LethalCockSlap

thanks, i havent heard of any of those except primus. I need to download more stuff from my thrash and melodic metal thread.

8. Caecius

Caecius Doomed Traveler

I'm not sure if it is because I haven't listened to this type of music in a long time or what, but I enjoy Chevelle's new album.

Most of the stuff mentioned is what I listened to in middle school 20 years ago. Not a lot has held up particularly well. However, SOADs first is still fantastic. I'm also interested in this Mudvayne reunion.

9. arg

arg Active Member