This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do we think about Anathema's new direction?

Discussion in 'Anathema' started by Pete the goth, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Falconspirit

Falconspirit I Died A Little

try listenin to it more than once

2. DreamingofUr

DreamingofUr Desolate and Forsaken!!

I don't ever post in the Anathema forum but here goes...I love their direction!! I lost my job so my CD buying is currently on hold so I don't have Alternative4 or AFDTE. But as soon as I come into some cash they are mine for sure. I didn't like Eternity at all when I first bought it but I got Judgement when I heard they are progressing as a band. Judgement was so fuckin awesome!! I then DLed some Alternative 4 and have been hard up for it since. I heard their earlier work and it wasn't nearly as good as their more recent albums. I decided to give Eternity one more shot and now I like it more then Judgement. So much emotion in those songs, like a sonic eruption of pain. I'm very impressed with their direction overall and hope they continue on that path. Awesome solos...

3. John Carvajal

John Carvajal KATATONIANATHEMA

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

yeah anathema did a great progression, like the gathering and others...

but there are some sellouts!!!! :erk: that thought that progression was the same to selling out (TOT) ups hehe :Spin:

4. marginalé

marginalé why?

let the evolution go on!

5. Strangelight

Strangelight steak(knife) no more

6. caligo

caligo still life

I must agree with many of you, there's a natural progression there. And that progression may have pushed the borders of what can be called doom or gothic metal, or even crossed them. (But the way I define a gothic metal band, I'd say Anathema never has been one.)

From their brutal past of doom-death they have changed drastically with their new 'soft' approach. But that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a new directon; They've kept their dark and cold yet emotional atmospheres throughout all their albums. Though a band abandons some specific genre, true fans will not abandon the band.. As long as you can hear their music and say: "THIS is Anathema!"...

7. cedarbreed

cedarbreed Don't mean nothin'