This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what do you do when you're down?

Discussion in 'Chat' started by sillyducky, Oct 31, 2013.

1. perisal

perisal New Metal Member

I like playing some small fun games online. I think they are really cool and calming. I recommend that you have a look at those from https://gamerdam.com/fnaf-games/ for example. Maybe you will like them too, check those out, guys :)

#41 perisal, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  2. Mr. Macabre

Mr. Macabre New Metal Member

I listen to the album PURE by IN THE WOODS and then some NEVERMORE. That usually does it.

3. Quintan Wood

Quintan Wood New Metal Member

When I feel bad, I usually go for a walk or to the gym.

4. Bloopy

Bloopy Active Member

I used to just wait for the feeling to pass. Thankfully the one time I was truly depressed (due to post-traumatic stress) only lasted about a week. Nothing was enjoyable and food tasted so bland. The most exciting thing I did was probably to punch my pillow a few times.

Now I totally overthink the situation. I realised I only feel negative emotions when thinking about something from the typical/natural perspective. The trick is to step out of that and explore as many other perspectives as possible, eg. the funny side, the absurdity of the universe, how things going wrong in the short term might be best for the long term/the bigger picture. Initially I used this to sidestep lesser issues such as being overly shy. But later, and I don't necessarily recommend this as it can be quite torturous, I brutally overpondered some more difficult distress for days until I found a positive perspective to settle into. A crash course to grow mentally rather than hoping time will heal things.

5. loves guitars

loves guitars Member

when I'm down I like to play my guitar, when I'm playing up to my ability all seems to end good. There are times though when I can't play a lick and then I have to get creative and try whatever will bring me back up to my usual perky self.

6. loves guitars

loves guitars Member

I hear you about life being too short, I've found that if I let whatever get me down then it's all on me, but if I just do what I can then I'm letting myself be in a much better place.

7. williscreg

williscreg New Metal Member

#47 williscreg, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  8. sadui

sadui New Metal Member

I love to watch movies when I have bad mood

#48 sadui, Sep 12, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021