This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you guys think about this?

Discussion in 'Practice Room' started by Dtabs85, May 10, 2014.

1. Dtabs85

Dtabs85 Liquid Studios

Check out this EP I Recorded/Mixed/Mastered for a local band. We recorded the whole EP in their rehearsal space so conditions were less than ideal. No amp VSTs or sims were used and the only samples used for drums were the kick was fully replaced and the snare is a 50/50 blend. All things considered I think it turned out alright. Looking for any feedback and will answer any questions you guys may have.

Name of the band is Carve Your Niche and the EP is entitled "Solidarity"
    http://carveyourniche.bandcamp.com/album/solidarity

2. Trevort2012

Trevort2012 Human

Maybe double the guitar tracks if you already didn't to fill the sound. But It doesn't sound too bad. Snare cuts really well.

3. Dtabs85

Dtabs85 Liquid Studios

Unfortunately at this point what's done is done. In retrospect I agree I don't love the guitar sound. Guitar sounded killer in the room and when I recorded some test tracks to test the mic position it was sounding tight and had a nice crunch. We tracked all of the guitars in one day. After mixing it, I felt the guitars sounded kind of dull and probably could have used a little more gain, but we weren't going to be able to rerecord the guitars at that point. That's the one downside to not using a DI track, you're stuck with what you got.

Thanks for the feedback!!!

4. MondoLikeMetal

Good song writing here, but, yea - production could have been better. I'm going to record a band this afternoon, and I'm going to make sure I get DIs on everything DIable.