This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What do you prefer

Discussion in 'Travis Smith' started by _Transparent_, Dec 4, 2001.

1. _Transparent_

_Transparent_ Junior Member

art that looks like the stuff it looks like - Homer, or art that doesnt like Dali, van gough (i know i spelt that wrong?) and all that impressionist stuff... just paintings though, not sculptures etc.

i like both and i respect the stuff that looks like the stuff, even though a lot of people just ignore it as normal.

2. Hylian

Hylian Member

It's quite hard to define which one is best. They all have their own "personality". They all transmit a diferent message and and diferent sensations, so it's rather hard to choose. Although my favorite area is surrealism.

3. FatherVic

FatherVic MasterMelon

David Caspar Friedrich...a German postromanticism....just incredible for the time he lived :)

4. Schweetie

Schweetie New Metal Member

DarkMare - i like surrealism too :)
    I think that both types of art are just as valid, i mean you could have a picture of some thing that looks like what it is, but the purpose/meaning would be nothing to do with it, or it could be symbolising something....... :loco:

5. Anthony

Anthony criminal

My favorite is Renaissanse art, like on Pentecost III cover, or The Silent enigma.

6. ThePKH

ThePKH A bad joke

I can understand(understanding does not mean liking) most of the art.
    Unless it's something like pile of shit on the stand. That goes way beyond my comprehension.

7. Russell

Russell __

TSE cover is so cool :)