This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what dyall think of the new stuff?

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by Bosnian Witchfinder, Jan 8, 2007.

1. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

I will never let me be aleinated!:) Saxon is too precious, to let down..Critical I'll stay, but never let this band down, if that should be the case I would put myself down! Saxon never did disappoint me,...that can only do the management..

2. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Technical stuff aside (which, frankly, I'm not arsed about!), I am not disputing that drumming is difficult - I'm just saying that the fast drumming bit is not to my taste. I'm sure Nigel will be gutted. :rolleyes: :Smug:

3. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Lol fair enough. So i take it you dont like black metal then? some of that drumming is very speedy indeed! I like really fast double bass drum stuff myself, sounds great!

4. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Probably not! Like I said earlier - I'm not into the drums as a rule, I much prefer guitar :) I won't pretend to know who is good at drumming/guitaring (is that a word? lol) or anything else - I just listen to the music, and if I like it, I like it, and if I don't, I don't - that's as "technical" as I get! I just enjoy the music and not worry or think too deeply about "man" things like production, etc :D

5. JamesRamone

JamesRamone Lionheart 747

Im not convinced by this whole, lets raise Saxons profile stuff, i mean yeh id love Saxon to get the recognition they deserve, but i dont think its them, i mean theres plenty of old school and newer ROCK bands that dont get a look in or any credit, and thats not down to them, its just down to the fact that alot of people listen to crap music

6. robsaxon

robsaxon Member

I understand what your saying but i think its a case of who you know, not what you play! which is a shame ,but I still can,t help wishing biff 57 paul 56 a good pension! robsaxon
    don,t let the bastards grind you down!

7. GOSS

GOSS Member

Haven't heard any of the new material yet - but from the all the threads it sounds great !:headbang: :headbang: Can't wait to hear some at Sheffield !!

Cheers,

Goss.

8. saxon747rock

saxon747rock Member

Cheers to valanx for sending us the songs, Cant make me mind up yet which version of if i was you i like the best, but i like the song, Attila the hun mmm not sure bought this one think need to hear the full track a few times before make me mind up about it

9. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

No problem mate.

Im looking forward to hearing Atilla in full myself :kickass:

10. Bosnian Witchfinder

Hey Valanx could you send them to me, preferably the album mix of the single.
    my emails comrade_srdan@hotmail.com

thanks very much

11. UnleashedBeast

UnleashedBeast New Metal Member

Hmmm, you guys have me curious about the drumming on Attila the Hun. Nigel has always been a great drummer but maybe he's getting a bit too busy on this one? I know that I've heard people make that comment regarding his playing on the chorus of "Unleash the Beast". I don't feel that way but I know some that do.

I think Valanx is on the right track. It could just be a problem related to an early rough mix. If the drums are too high in the mix it could make them sound out of place. Can't wait to hear this stuff!

12. Bosnian Witchfinder

atilla the hun=FUCKKING AWESOME, anyone that hasnt heard it, its like iced earth doing saxons lionheart album: heavier darker and more complex