This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What Films Did You Watch This Week

Discussion in 'Saxon' started by princess_of_the_night2112, Jun 7, 2005.

1. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

That sounds f**king cool to me! And i would highly recommend again Exorcist: The Beggining, great films aye!

Tonight i might watch this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0252649/ if i can be arsed!

2. princess_of_the_night2112

princess_of_the_night2112 Goddess of Metal

Haven't seen Lost Voyage Emperor but if its anything like Ghost Ship, it will be cool. I enjoyed that film indeed. I love all scary, horror, murder, thriller films and the more ghosts, zombies, vampires, werewolves,monsters and aliens in it the better!!!

3. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

4. princess_of_the_night2112

Hahahahahaha hey I thought it was only me that was allowed to confuse everyone!!! I'm not sure if I've seen the second one but I've seen the first one loads of times and its superb and last night I watched The Exorcist The Beginning which was really good as well. Reasonably scary and when you find out which one is actually possessed it was a bit of a shocker and I loved the way the possessed one looked, quite terrifying really. What was the second Exorcist about, I probably did see it but I cant remember.

About the 4th Exorcist, I don't think there is one, that wee link was a cartoon version of The Exorcist with rabbits. I think it's quite funny but my SOH is warped sometimes!! Have a wee look, its cool:-

http://www.angryalien.com/0204/exorcistbunnies.html

5. Paxoman

Paxoman Member

I can't remember what the second one was about, but I seem to remember that it wasn't that good.

Haven't looked at that link yet, I shall look at it now.

6. WILKS

WILKS Member

I have seen one that was set in a hospital that was pretty cool but as for the others i aint gotta a clue.

7. princess_of_the_night2112

Went to see Wallace & Gromit last night. Yeah it was pretty good, laughed quite a few times - kiss my artichoke lol and when the cop says 'It looks like arson - yeah someone been arsing around". Well worth seeing but as you all know I really do love my gore, so it would have been much better if there had been a few axe-wielding maniacs running around beheading people, a few psychos mutilating and torturing people would have been cool and I would really loved to have seen a few zombies in it as well, but with it being a kiddies film in all, it was not to be.

On DVD, I watched one called Mean Creek. This was a good wee film about the local fat bully and these kids decide to teach him a lesson, take him on a boating trip but the prank goes wrong and it ends up a bit tragic. Sort of slowish the film but I really enjoyed it, seeing how they come to terms with what happened and how they try to cover up and lie their way of if it. Not really much action but it was still pretty good, I would definitely give it a 7.5 out of 10.

8. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

We saw Kinky Boots and Wallace and Gromit last Friday. Kinky Boots was a good un...fell asleep during Wallace and Gromit though! I'm getting old, was up past my bedtime! :lol: Yeah, that arson joke made me laugh too! lol :)

9. Waffle Dave

Waffle Dave Davey in the Night

:lol: Wallace and Gromit was brilliant!!!!!!! I Saw it last night at Showcase Cinema!

Well worth watching.

10. princess_of_the_night2112

LOL Sammi, same here I nodded off for about 5 mins - don't think I've ever done that at the cinema before but it was all SAXON's fault cos I'd just seen them the night before and I was still feeling a bit drained and still slightly hung over.

11. CRUSADER747

CRUSADER747 \\Power Metal Maniac//

This week i spent £80 on two DVD box sets containing every episode of the 1970's action T.V series 'The Protectors'.
    Back in 1983 Yorkshire Television repeated the series, and it was my favourite programme at the time.
    22 years later, im really enjoying watching it again :worship:
    The new freeview channel 'ITV4' (which opens on tuesday) is showing an episode at 6pm on friday 4th november.
    I would definitely recommend watching it :headbang:

12. WILKS

WILKS Member

Hey Crusader,the guy who directed the dead films is going to be at the nec on the 26 and 27 of November.There will be some of the stars from the films.Its £10 to get in.

13. CRUSADER747

Thanks for the info [​IMG] but unfortunatly i can't go :erk:
    As Birmingham is a long way away, i would have to book a b+b for the night, and i would have to fork out for train tickets and buses e.t.c (phew, im feeling tired just thinking about it lol). If i could drive it would be easy to get down there, but i don't (hated trying to learn, so i gave up trying years ago). :bah:

14. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Watched Doom the other night, not as bad as i thought it would be, not as scary as playing Doom 3 but it had decent action, the fps scene is really cool
    :headbang:

15. CRUSADER747

I have just bought 'Undead' on dvd (as recomended by Valanx).
    I haven't watched it yet, but i have got a week of work in a couple of weeks time, so i think i will watch it late one night when im off work :kickass:
    I will let you know what i thought of it (the trailer is very good so im sure i will like it) :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:

16. princess_of_the_night2112

On DVD watched Ring2 the other night there. Thought the first Ring was great but this one was pretty average. Not scary one bit, in the first one when I first saw the wee lassie coming out the telly and the well, I very near bricked it, but in this one she just looks gay. Only give it a 5 out of 10, in fact if you haven't seen it, don't bother wasting your money. Not scary at all and too much like the first one.

Can't remember if I told youse that I watched Exorcist The Beginning which was excellent, so the other night there watched Exorcist Dominion which was good as well but not scary in the slightest. But again both these films are very similar, both in Africa on this archeological dig where they uncover this buried church - both good films and well worth watching - but really was wanting some blood and gore. None at all really.

Next film at the cinema I'm desperate to see is Saw2 - heard its awash with blood & gore, so sounds right up my street.

17. Sammi951

Sammi951 Member

Saw 2 is a good 'un Princess! You'll be quite pleased with the blood and gore content, I think :)

18. valanx

valanx Room of Angel

Nice one cru, im sure you will enjoy it!!
    I watched 'saw 2' the other night, quality movie! Just watched 'Spirit Trap' wasnt too bad as far as story goes but not enough action or gore really!

19. heavycelli

heavycelli Member

the film '0605' about the complot behind the killing/murder of Pim Fortuyn, who certainly would have become the Prime Minister in the Netherlands. He was a kind of 'dutch' John F. Kennedy... The regisseur of this film Theo van Gogh was killed a year ago by an muslim extremist. These events always do remember me of the Saxon-Song .. Dallas 1 pm, so realistic...

20. princess_of_the_night2112

Still haven't managed to get to the cinema to see Saw yet but this Saturday I am going to see HARRY POTTER and I can't bloody well wait. Harry Potter rocks bigtime and this latest film looks the best yet. Hopefully will get to see Saw early next week.