This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What if...

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by CiG, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Nephilim96

Nephilim96 Member

Just started watching his show, pretty fucking out there... good stuff though. I already love Hannibal Burress, so it's not too surprising that this show sits well with me.

2. CiG

CiG "Brain haemorrhage is the cure!"

He's okay I guess.

3. PillarOfSkulls

PillarOfSkulls When Death Comes Howling...

I really want to make a dark movie about the UVB-76 radio station. that whole thing has always fascinated me, that and a mob movie, I'm a sucker for the mafia

CiG likes this.
  4. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

I'd make the Deadwood movie happen somehow.

TechnicalBarbarity likes this.
  5. CiG

CiG "Brain haemorrhage is the cure!"

Deadwood? So a movie where Lena Dunham gets naked. Got it. Nice.

6. HamburgerBoy

HamburgerBoy Active Member

I don't really watch many movies but I've got this sort-of story that's really more of a world-building "project" for a hypothetical RPG that would never get made, but tbh I'm always kinda demotivated when I look at these kinds of threads and see a lot of other people also come up with concepts around the theme of memory cuz I know probably every character and plotline in my world probably has existed before. Because I'm narcissistic and paranoid enough to hold onto hope I don't even want to say what the main drive behind it is, but I've had a particular idea about a subplot involving an elderly couple that could maybe work as a sappy romance kind of thing. The husband is a reasonably nice guy, but a bit modest and reserved if not exactly stuffy. This becomes more pronounced as his wife begins suffering from dementia. When talking with strangers she'll sometimes blurt out things seen as slightly flirty or inappropriate or even insane, and he is overeager to apologize for her. Because of their age and maybe certain physical mannerisms, the assumption by visitors is that he is a controlling prude and she is losing the mental conditioning that kept her repressed along with her sanity. That is what the player/viewer initially sees in the game/movie. In reality, they had a perfectly happy and open life together in their youth and her exuberance is something she always had and he always loved, but it was his own insecurity that made him feel a need to protect her. Due to the nature of this particular world, when she passes away, the remaining memories of her are heavily distorted, and in the afterlife he has to live with the knowledge that all of his good intentions effectively turned her into something he never wanted her to be.

7. Vegard Pompey

Vegard Pompey ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU

It is happening.

8. no country for old wainds

^seems to have gone quiet again? i mean they kinda confirmed it was in the works months ago but mcshane was saying recently that none of the cast have been approached about it or anything. i think he's just written a script so far.

9. Internally Deformed

Internally Deformed Farseer of the Paranormal Abysm

Do we need a Deadwood movie? I enjoyed the tv show, but part of the point of it (I thought) was to give a genre typically associated with film the extended treatment only possible with TV. A Deadwood movie would end up just being another Western, of which there are already more than enough.

Next they'll commission a Walking Dead movie.

10. Vegard Pompey

Vegard Pompey ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU

Have you actually *seen* Deadwood?

EDIT: Er, I can't read, obviously you have. But I mean, how is it in any way a stereotypical western?

11. Internally Deformed

Yeah, although it was probably about five or six years ago since I saw it.

12. Internally Deformed

It isn't a stereotypical Western precisely because it goes into all the detail of a town evolving and growing, with fleshed out characters and well developed story arcs. My point is that everything that sets it apart from typical Westerns was possible because it was a tv series rather than a film. I guess a film could build off of all that groundwork, but I'd much rather see a new series.

13. no country for old wainds

i agree but i'd also take whatever i can get at this point, and i trust them to do a great job

14. TechnicalBarbarity

TechnicalBarbarity -TheNightsBane-

Greatest series of all time. Not sure how i feel about a Deadwood movie though as i agree with most of ID's post. But i'm basically in the same boat as Tomas without the H.

15. Satanstoenail

Satanstoenail My Larpstyle determines my Derpstyle

I just want to see the story finished properly. That's the whole point of the movie.