This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What if....?

Discussion in 'General Metal Discussion' started by Carcassian, Oct 13, 2006.

1. audiophileguy

audiophileguy Member

no one answered my what ifs..someone answer do it.

What if kurt never shot himself?

What if bonded by blood was released on time?

What if Venom never named their hit album black metal?

2. Hatebreeder

Hatebreeder Pizzicato Heartstrings

1. There's an episode of Family Guy that referenced this question. He'd be a sellout just like everyone else from that era. :rolleyes:

2. They might have gotten further ahead in their career than they have now and have had a stronger, earlier impact on the scene, therefore changing the course of history a bit.

3. The upcoming scene would've been named whatever it HAD been named; i.e. if their album was called "Infernal Metal" or something, then that probably would be the name of the scene.

Now for some of my own...

What if Bathory had decided to continue pursuing the black metal sound they created as opposed to blazing a unique path through their career?

What if Dead had never killed himself and Varg had never murdered Euronymous?

What if Celtic Frost had never released Cold Lake?

What if Tony Iommi had never gotten his fingers chopped off and, in turn, never downtuned his guitars?

3. Hatebreeder

1. We would still have moshing...right?
    2. We wouldn't have some of the best metal ever recorded. :kickass:
    3. I might not care terribly much, but only because I had never listened to whatever had been banned. I might also not be as into black metal as much as I am.
    4. Depends on the metal they began listening to. Some emo kids DO listen to metal, though it tends to be of the lower-end. :erk:
    5. Admits...or REVEALS? :lol:
    6. I would likely not care.
    7. I am still waiting for this day, but luckily, some of metal's better offerings have been getting more popular (i.e. Blind Guardian, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, etc.)

4. Omnis_Sathanas

"True" blasts use one foot. To me it also sounds better this way, all these new bands trying to out hyperblast each other has gotten gay.

5. Hatebreeder

Seems to happen with every good idea: it gets exploited to a point of homosexuality. :erk: