This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is a reasonable price for mixing an EP?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gujukal, May 12, 2013.

1. Gujukal

Gujukal Member

So a band asked me what it would cost to get their 4-6 track EP mixed. I said around 230-300 $ depending on how much work including mastering. 50$ per song is pretty fair right? Since I'm not a pro but not a noob either :p

2. 3tuxedo

3tuxedo Senior Member

For mixing yeah that's quite fair. People that know what they are doing charge $45-50 a piece for mastering. You'll be doing much more work mixing. You're good man.

3. AwaitTheDesolation

yeah that seems about the norm, at least all the producers out here in Houston charge for 5 song EP's depending on the length of the songs

4. Gujukal

Gujukal Member

Sweet, in Sweden i think the prices are a bit higher in general though, since the real studios have to pay like 25-30% tax or so. Theo only drawback is that i maybe have to program their drums, which will be more work than i expected, but it is something that i enjoy so i probably wont scare them off with higher price :p

5. AwaitTheDesolation

I've seen guys here charge an extra $25 a song for programming drums based on a 4 minute song and $10 for every extra minute, but that's just if they're recording it themselves and can't program/record drums themselves but can do everything else.