This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

what is it about the second album you get from a band...

Discussion in 'Dark Tranquillity' started by BiatchGuy, Dec 17, 2002.

1. BiatchGuy

BiatchGuy tired and rundown

ok, this is sorta DT related..

Projector was the first DT album I got, when I was first getting into the whole melodic-death scene, and of course I didn't like it much because I was looking for all the wrong things in it (expecting it to be more like In Flames' Colony) So it sat on the shelf for a long ass time.. until I picked up Haven, which the more I listened to the more I liked, and then I picked up Projector again and finally "got it".. I went on to get all the DT stuff...

same thing happened with Nevermore, I got Politics Of Ecstasy and didn't think much of it; then picked up Dead Heart In A Dead World about a year later and immediately became a huge fan of the band.

and with Opeth, I had My Arms Your Hearse for the longest time, enjoyed it, but wasn't too concerned about getting more, but ever since I picked up Deliverance I've been beyond anxious to get the rest of their stuff..

also with Soilwork.. Chainheart Machine was good, but it wasn't until A Predators Portrait that I really became a fan.

so.. am I the only one who experiences this weird phenomenon of getting into a band because of the second album I buy from them? or do I just have the unforunate album buying habits of going for the more complicated/technical stuff first?

2. FatherVic

FatherVic MasterMelon

well I needed too many showers to start liking the stuff :p

now for cd's?? well i have the general problem of liking the cd of which I start a band with...dunno why though....
    there are little bands I can count, that I like an album best than the one i first listened from them...

fathervic ();

3. thunderstruck67

thunderstruck67 Master of the Thunder

Same with me on Soilwork.

4. manuelgv

manuelgv Back now...hopefully

I got that with ATG
    first got With fear.... and when I picked up Terminal Spirit Disease I loved them

5. Miolo

Miolo pie king

it happened the same thing to me with dark tranquillity, my first album was "the gallery" but it's with "haven" that i became a big fan of the band.

however, this is the only case i can think of. :)

Miolo (lazy)

6. seventi

seventi Viva Lonliness!

The same thing here with In Flames. First heard TJR and then loved them when I heard Colony

7. The Grand Wazoo

The Grand Wazoo Saeva Indignatio

No, actually, if I don't like the first cd I get, it is most likely I just don't listen to them anymore.. Or someone should tell me about it or something..
    I liked DT ..immediately..
    :D