This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What is your average weekend like

Discussion in 'GMD Social Forum' started by zabu of nΩd, Jun 17, 2011.

1. zabu of nΩd

zabu of nΩd Free Insultation

Yo, anyone who is a 9-to-5er or otherwise works fulltime -- talk about how often you get out on a weekend and shit.

For me about 50-70% of my weekends these days involve getting together with someone to eat / drink / do stuff with. Yada yade, addictive personality, emotional problems, etc. Spill your weekend here!

2. Jimmy... Dead.

Jimmy... Dead. contemplative curmudgeon

These days I read and smoke pot. Watch the food network and make some shizzle. Watch the History and Science Channels, blah. When I go out I usually hit the Bars on the Lower East side/East Village and fuck around with some friends. SLEEP.

3. Eligos

Eligos Problem Yet to be Solved

What a great thread. I approve.

My typical weekend (sunday and monday are my days off) usually consists of at least one epic hike, dinner with my parents, band practice, intoxication at friends' houses and a shit ton of sleep. But now that i'm going to be working a fairly normal shift again i'll be playing more shows and going out more on my time off.

4. Master_Yoda77

Master_Yoda77 True Doom

Not a 9-5er, but I usually end up doing the same shit I do on weekdays, drink, listen to music, and play Duty.

5. MasterOLightning

MasterOLightning Optimator

Usually one night involves having the girlfriend over for dinner and tv/movies, and then maybe a trip to the bar, maybe a meal the next morning. The other night is usually time for either college friends or metal friends. So shows or dinner and drinks, or B-movies at someone's house. If nothing else is up, I need time to shop for groceries and get shit together around the house. Sundays are either for visiting my mom or housework. I like to hit the bar and read the Onion and local alt paper and do the crosswords.

Heavy drinking is a given Fri-Sun.

6. zabu of nΩd

^ I approve of this weekend.

7. Jimmy... Dead.

Jimmy... Dead. contemplative curmudgeon

Seriously, weekend = Pot :Smokedev:

8. Saparmurat_Niyazov

My weekends are Friday and Saturday. Friday morning I go the plasma bank and make some beer money. I go from there to the gentrified downtown district and buy a six pack of microbrews and a shitload of PBR or Old Mil like the hipster faggot I apparently am. Walk around downtown, chatting with bums and looking at over-priced local art. Go home, grill and drink. Usually smoke some weed. Get on FB and UMGMD, make some drunken posts. Pass out. Saturday, do outdoor stuff with wife and kids (usually hiking). Finish off beer and go to bed early for work Sunday Morning.

9. zabu of nΩd

Dude, have a cookout and invite me

10. sevag00

sevag00 Order to Chaos

I'm usually doing the same thing every weekends. Watch movies on my laptop, chatting with friends, listening to music, sleeping during the day and watching tv, motorsport grand prix or football or the discover channel or some old movies.

11. Saparmurat_Niyazov

You're invited any time, old buddy. Please bring meat and/or booze.

12. The Heartbreak Kid

The Heartbreak Kid Afterimage

Getting smashed on Saturday. Monging out on Sunday with a hangover.

13. King Richard

King Richard Against the wind...

I wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy. Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm going to hit the city. Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack. Because when I leave for the night, I ain't coming back.

/kesharolled

Ok, seriously though. I usually wake up around 8-10 Saturday morning. Drink about a pot of coffee. Read the news, read up on interesting shit I may have missed during the week (because you know, I'm busy being a slave during that time). Take a shower, and while I'm showering decide what I want to do next. Here lately, that has consisted of heading to the shop and working on some parts for my car. After I'm doing with that, probably mid-afternoon, I go get some chow and roll a spliff. Toke it up a little with my bro and decide if we want to rent some movies or just go home and watch whatever dvd's we have (usually comedies, duh), or play some Xbox, smoke some more dope, tinker around in the garage, or just sit and bullshit about cars and how one day we'll both own M3's.

Sunday is usually reserved for not doing shit except watching racing and dicking around at home doing something extremely enthralling like laundry.

Rinse and repeat.

14. CF87

CF87 Active Member

I got to work at 3 getting home around 12,1, listen to some music, smoke cigs and go to bed.

15. zabu of nΩd

Why does this seem so tempting, haha. I have no good reason to go to nebraska.

Are you saying you don't have a weekend or is this just your poor reading comprehension?

16. Der Morgenstern

Der Morgenstern Trailer Park Bacchus

Grading exams, midterms and assignments. Working on my homebrewing projects. Cooking delicious food.

17. Saparmurat_Niyazov

It sounds tempting because you want to see the birthplaces of Gerald Ford and Malcom X, and also because Johnny Carson and Tom Brokaw started their careers here. Nebraska produces nothing but successful people. Shit, look at me.

18. Der Morgenstern

Der Morgenstern Trailer Park Bacchus

You also gave us Loren Eiseley. You can do no wrong.

19. zabu of nΩd

I wonder if the state actually puts that stuff on its travel brochures as the highlights :lol:

20. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Tyrants and Slaves

My weekends are unpredictable lately, since it's summer. I can be anywhere, Boston, on the Maine coast, or up in Bangor. During the school year it's more predictable, usually involving hitting up the bar with my drinking buddy and the occasional party.

I start work in Bangor next week and may spend weekends by driving to stay on the coast. Depends on how socially active Bangor is this summer.