This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

What was your favorite lineup?

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by <Arcane>, Jul 23, 2021.

?

Favorite Bodom lineup?

1. Alexi + Henkka + Jaska + Janne + Alexander

15 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Alexi + Henkka + Jaska + Janne + Roope

19 vote(s)
    52.8%
  3. Alexi + Henkka + Jaska + Janne + Antti

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. Alexi + Henkka + Jaska + Janne + Daniel

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  5. Alexi + Daniel + Mitija + Waltteri

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. <Arcane>

<Arcane> Active Member

I'm curious...

2. CharIie

CharIie Moss

As far as live performances are concerned, it's always been with Roope for me. Seemed more connecting with the audience then Aleksander. He wasn't the cleanest player, he wasn't the most "outstanding" persona, but he seemed to genuinely be having a blast with us. And he was also a really great dude when met before/after the concerts, but this I can't comment about the others as I haven't personally met Aleksander/Antti/Daniel.

MaximHateCrew and Works0fheart like this.
  3. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

I'm going with Alexander because as I've mentioned before here, Alexi seemed more at ease with him in the band. They were having more fun. Janne wasn't a pain yet.

That said. in terms of guitar playing, Alexi and Roope played off each other very well. While they didn't interact visibly, as later Alexi would with Daniel, the interaction was more in the guitar playing. And it was the little things, small details that made their live performances great.

4. MattK

MattK Member

I’m going with Roope since that’s the first time I saw Bodom in 2014 (which is still my favorite show ever)

Works0fheart likes this.
  5. MattK

MattK Member

I think Bodom after midnight was going to be great too… especially with waltteri

6. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

In terms of music my favorite lineup was the one with Alexander. He was also my guitar teacher back in the day (Sorry for the boasting :D) so I know him to be a cool guy, but I never saw him live with COB, and I really liked all the COB TV and Retards of Bodom videos they did with Roope so in the end I voted for the lineup with Roope. I never saw Daniel live, and they never really did any non-music-video stuff with him so I never got to "know" him like I got to "know" Roope or Ale, which is why I didn't vote for him either.

MaximHateCrew and COB-666 like this.
  7. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

Damn! For real?

8. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Yup. He was a teacher in Rytmimusiikkiopisto Tauko music school in Espoo. Tauko had two different "levels" of classes, the "general" class where they taught you to play, and the "advanced" class where they taught you to play and also taught you an extra hour of music theory every week. I played in the general class under Ale from summer 2011 to summer 2012 (You can just imagine how nervous 15 year old me was going to the first lesson or two :D), before moving over to the advanced class where I stayed until 2016, after which I haven't gone to any lessons. Ale only taught in the general class so I was his student for only one year. The advanced class I moved to was taught by Mikko Salovaara (Who is also a really cool guy :D).

MaximHateCrew and COB-666 like this.
  9. Sinthoras_96

Sinthoras_96 Member

What do you mean with Janne being a pain?

10. dthmtl3

dthmtl3 Member

When he started goofing off during shows.

11. NewHewkas

NewHewkas Scheiße Gitarre Spieler

Maybe you are one of these kids :D

Also I'm with team Ale, because the vibe was there, all the guys loved and respected him, he was not just their brother but also a father-like figure for them, because he always cared for and looked after them, told in many interviews. Also Alexi said he saved his life on a few occasions during his early depressive years (17-20), for example when he was drunk on whiskey and meds for days Alexander went to his house and told him he will take Alexi to the hospital period. Alexi admitted that probably he would have died there if Ale wouldn't stepped up and took the situation in his hand. I think the guys utterly respected him.

#11 NewHewkas, Aug 6, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
    COB-666, ESA1996 and Works0fheart like this.
  12. ESA1996

ESA1996 Active Member

Not quite :D I became Ale's student in autumn 2011, so around one year after this video was uploaded.

13. tragician

tragician Hermotriekaleina22/7

I got into COB in 2008 and I first saw them live in 2014. Roope was in the band and I got so familiar with him. I never got as familiar with Alexander, like when Roope was in COB it felt like he had always been there. I do appreciate Alexander as a guitarist and in the old interviews his jokes were golden. I'm just so used to Roope.
    With Daniel, I liked him, he looked awesome on stage and was a very nice dude the few times I got to talk to him, but I couldn't get past the feeling that he was just filling in for Roope you know?
    Antti is a really funny guy and he was great live too.

BAM guys, they were damn good live and I briefly met them twice at the time of the shows. Mitja especially I thought was a really fun person.

Idk nothing beats what COB was in the Blooddrunk era, because that's when I got into them and I just love thay COBTV weird shit and Roope talking nonsense. That is COB for me.

Kinda the same that I still haven't gotten my head around the fact that there's nothing left of the 1998 Lineup of Marilyn Manson but those guys are the ones I think of when discussing the band.

COB-666 and <Arcane> like this.