This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Which MARTA stop do we get off at for the Riviera Club?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by DigitalMan, Nov 11, 2002.

1. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Member

The ProgPower site says the MARTA stop is 1/2 a block down, on the other side of the street from the Riviera club. However, it doesn't say which MARTA stop we should get off at for the club. Lots of us will board the MARTA next to the Granada, and ride it to the Riviera. Probably have to take a cab home since the MARTA probably won't be running anymore.

Thanks,
    Guy

2. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Heavy Metal Llama!

I can only guess that the FAQ was referring to the Midtown Marta station. If memory serves, though, then it's more than 1/2 a block away. I would think that it'd be best to just catch a cab. You might also check to see if your hotel has a shuttle that'll take you there.

--Mike

3. scottie2024

scottie2024 53% velociraptor

To get to Earthlink Live, take the MARTA N5 stop. It's called Arts Center. That's te stop you need. Also, MARTA DOES stop running a about 1:15, so have some other transport in mind.

Just some advice from a native!

4. Jax

Jax Forum Goddess

But what about getting from the area of the venue to The Riviera where the pre-party is?

5. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Member

Scottie,

Thanks, but we already know what Marta stop to use for Earthink. Can you tell us what Marta stop to get off at for the Riviera club?

It's 0.7 miles away, but Glenn recommended the Marta as the best way to get to the Riviera.

Guy

6. Harvester

Harvester The Promoter

Hey Guy,

I wasn't aware of the exact mileage from the venue. It may be just as easy to walk, I'm not sure.

Glenn

7. James

James Member

From the Granada (for example), if you started walking south (against the traffic) on West Peachtree, then took a left at 14th Street (heading east), then took a right on Peachtree (heading south), it looks like the walking distance would be around 0.85 miles (according to MapQuest).

If this is further than anyone wishes to walk (or if it's pouring down rain, etc.), then my "interpretation" of the Marta online map is as follows:

It appears you would need to get to the Arts Center Station, and catch a bus for the Number 10 Route, which will head south on Peachtree. The Riviera Club says that they are "on Peachtree between 10th and 14th"; if my memory serves correct, I think the club is closest to the 10th Street intersection. On the map for the Number 10 Route, there appear to be stops at both 11th Street and 10th Street. Just tell the driver you're looking for the stop that's closest to The Riviera Club, and I'm sure they can help. I have tried (in vain) to verify this information with Marta; I've tried calling their customer service number (404-848-4711) multiple times, and there is no answer (nor is there a recording...it just rings and rings and rings). If anyone wants to look up the Number 10 Route for more information, here's the link to the 773 Grid on the Marta System Map:

Marta

If all else fails, call these guys:

Atlanta Checker Cab

Their number is 404-351-1111

8. roamer

roamer Member

To get to the pre-show party, take Marta to the Midtown station- this is the station just South of the "venue station" (Arts Center Station). Take a R on 10th St out of the station and take a L onto Peachtree St. Club should be very nearby.