This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

While Chris was chopping his fingers off, Steve Smyth was playing with Megadeth.

Discussion in 'Chris Broderick' started by metalgtr84, Jan 27, 2010.

1. metalgtr84

metalgtr84 Alabama Man

Thunder stolen.

Of course, if anyone can keep up with Chris, it's gotta be Steve. I actually talked with Steve a few weeks ago, he's a really cool guy. Except at one point he was like, "Chris Broderick? Yeah I know that guy. Screw him. I'm going to take his job in Megadeth...watch this."

But I could be mistaken, I was hammered.

:saint:

#1 metalgtr84, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. mordor74

mordor74 New Metal Member

That guy? With a les paul? Why not a jumbo acustic then?

3. Kohlrabihaus

Kohlrabihaus Minister of Silly Walks

Actually Steve is a tasty player and a great songwriter. He was in Nevermore, so... Chris did fill in for him, I think, twice at least... (man that was the greatest Nevermore guitar duo ever: Jeff Loomis and Chris)
    Talking about Steve, maybe he is still pissed about his departure (which about both sides remained silent), and after Chris joined Megadeth, Warrel Dane said something like "We are very supportive, but Chris is still the number one in our book!" But just wildly speculating...

So if you were hammered, basically just misunderstood Steve, well... but if not, it's not cool of him... not at all!

4. guitarguru777

guitarguru777 Member

It was definitely cool of steve to fill in, we all need to put the nevermore drama in the past. I am (or was rather) friends with both sides of the fence till the whole ugly incident.

Everyone has moved on and its very nice of Steve to fill in.

FYI, Steve borrowed a guitar for this. He didn't plan on playing at this years NAMM, hence the Les Paul.

5. metalgtr84

metalgtr84 Alabama Man

What ugly incident are you referring to?

6. Jerich

Jerich Progressive doom

i do not believe steve said this at all...he's one of the coolest guys around and he really lets his playing talk for him...but to be honest i do not think he would put up with Dave!!!