This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Who's going to KISS Friday night ?

Discussion in 'Maiden Downunder' started by Los4words, Feb 24, 2003.

1. Los4words

Los4words Member

Apart from Trent, anyone else going ????

It's gunna GO RIGHT AUF !!!! even without Ace...

2. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash New Metal Member

3. Clarky

Clarky Youth Attack!

i MIGHT be going
    i wont know untill tonite, i might be able to score a spot in a corperate box with my mate.

4. Los4words

Los4words Member

To get to go and not pay for it - man you are SSSOO lucky !

What do you expect Trent will it live up to great expectations ?

5. Winmar

Winmar Pillock of society

Woohoo Los4 is here!

I'd be interested to hear what this tour's like. What are they charging for tickets? Is it their 48th farewell tour, or have they give up on that idea?

6. Los4words

Los4words Member

Hey winmar - long time...

umm tickets range from $90 for UP THE BACK (that is you might as ell watch from Sydney) to $400 for *diamond* tickets - first 12 rows I think..

I opted for the $146 Average / middle seats.

It's with the Melbourne Symphony peoples and should be excellent - very different for KISS... few older songs promised etc.

I wonder how it will sound being at Telstra Dome (Colonial) - I saw Bon Jovi there 2 years ago and sound was pretty average.

7. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

I have the $96 tickets, 2nd deck lol.

I'm undecided on how it will be with a symphony... I'm glad only half the show is with the orchestra coz some of Kiss' songs just CANNOT be done like that so it will be good to hear them in their pure form. I'm hoping that in the orchestra set we get quite a few nice surprises. Some of the ballads like I Still Love You, World Without Heroes and Forever would sound great, I think "The Oath" off the Elder album would sound great, and some non-makeup stuff in there would be nice too.

I think because of the orchestra we should be treated to some of the lesser played Kiss songs which will be good, but I just don't know how Kiss + Symphony will sound, their music for the most part certainly isn't suited to it. It'll be interesting to see!!

I think it's kinda unfair how Kiss always get those comments about the endless farewell tours etc... I mean now because they have plans for a US tour with Aerosmith later this year it might be a little more fair...

But at this point... Kiss has only done ONE Farewell Tour which they never even got to finish because Ace quit the band before the European leg. They've been on break since that Australian tour in 2001 as a live band and this show is just a one-off performance to release a DVD out of.

So all the comments about Kiss doing all these Farewell tours isn't correct because they haven't even done one full farewell tour! All they did was the US, Japan and Australia then had to cut it short. They had planned to finish the tour off in Europe then play a final 4 massive shows at Madison Square Garden but it never got to happen.

I don't think they should continue after this show though. I hope the Kiss/Aerosmith tour doesn't happen and they just give up. I very much doubt Peter will tour on it anyway, and Ace is out of the question pretty much. Hopefully Paul & Gene will just give up on the idea.

8. phlogiston

phlogiston Bejabbers!

Los4, I have a mate who used to work there. Apparently in the last year or so they've really improved the acoustics of the place. Before they made the upgrade, there were terrible problem with echo and stuff like that. Apparently the mods were included in the original drawings, but were left out because they were too expensive.

9. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Wasn't it Paul who said the band could go on forever, even without him and Gene? Was he just being facetious? Personally, I have no problem with bands continuing to play for as long as they want to. It's always annoyed me that people say "Is that band still going? Aren't they a bit old to be doing that now?" What is with that? Actors keep acting until they drop dead. No one ever says to an actor "Oh, you're too old, you should start doing something else." And yet everyone seems to think that musicians should stop being musicians once they get to be 40 or so. There are plenty of bands from Kiss' time that are still going - Uriah Heep, UFO, Blue Oyster Cult, AC/DC, and bands and guys like Deep Purple, Scorpions, Alice Cooper and the Stones of course who've been going even longer. But I think Kiss met with such cynicism because it just seemed so obvious that they weren't really about to give it up. Maybe after this, they won't play again for a long time, but I think while Paul and Gene can stand up and fly everywhere in a private jet, they'll keep playing.

10. spawn

spawn Member

Yeppers, Paul said that, I think he was thinking along the lines of the James Bond movies, where there were different people in them, but they were always about the same thing, if you see what I mean :D

11. Goreripper

Goreripper Metal as fuck

Yes I know what you mean. There's a word for that: franchise.

12. spawn

spawn Member

Or sellouts, whichever fits :D

13. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

Yeah Paul said that, but he didn't say the band would do it. He was making a point that if they wanted to they could do that, but didn't say he did want to or they will. Because it wasn't long after that, that he said again that they weren't gonna continue and that the Symphony show would be their "fitting farewell", but perhaps not now if the Aerosmith tour happens.

And I agree with Brian, a band can go on as long as they want to. They don't have to quit just because they aren't young anymore. And even though Kiss did a Farewell tour (and they really did plan to quit at that point I think), who's to say they aren't allowed to change their minds later on? It's their decision. Especially if they never even got to finish the farewell tour.

14. spawn

spawn Member

I think they should do it actually, and just get the guys from Hair Of The Dog to continue the band :headbang:

15. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

Hell no...

Get KISSTERIA to be the new Kiss! Give Kissteria the the budget for the actual whole Kiss stageshow, and you actually HAVE Kiss!

16. spawn

spawn Member

But Kissteria can only cover Kiss songs, not write great new albums too :) (Ok, maybe they actually could if given a chance, but HOTD already have shown they are heirs to the Kiss/80s rock throne!)

17. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

That's part of why Kissteria would be better.... you need people who believe they are Kiss and just aspire to BE Kiss! Not people who wanna do their own thing lol. That would be a totally different band. Plus.... the Paul sounds EXACTLY like Paul, the Ace sounds EXACTLY like Ace and Gene sounds EXACTLY like Gene!! Eric doesn't sing. Oh I think he does Black Diamond actually... can't remember what he sounds like. They also act and look exactly like the Kiss members and have all the same mannerisms. When I watch Kissteria sometimes I actually believe for a second that "Oh my god Paul is 2 metres away and just pointed at me!" and then realise "wait, that isn't Paul!" haha!

And anyway I think if the band continued with different members, it would be as a live act, not a recording act. You couldn't have entirely new members releasing new Kiss albums.

18. spawn

spawn Member

I disagree, new members recording new albums would rock, as long as the spirit of the band was adhered to!

Continuing Kiss as simply a cover band would be pointless, all you are doing is changing the name Kissteria to Kiss and thats it!

19. TRrEiTxIxRiE DTrash

I didn't say I think they SHOULD only be a live act, I said that's probably what it WILL be.

But either way, it should be members who want to be Kiss. If Hair Of The Dog became the new Kiss, then all they would be doing was changing their name to Kiss! But the music would still be Hair Of The Dog, it wouldn't be Kiss! It'd just be like an easy way for them to get more exposure for themselves.

If Kissteria became Kiss, the new albums would sound like Kiss! They would write albums that Kiss would write and play the same way Kiss play.