This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Why is it so hard to find band members? v. rant

Discussion in 'Andy Sneap' started by JonWormwood, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Damian B

Damian B ¯\(°_o)/¯

Anyone else notice that singers never want to buy shit? I'm the drummer in my band, and I buy everything! PA, mics, recording equipment, EVERYTHING. And here our singer is, always needing to be picked up places (he doesn't have a car), and he's never bought a DAMN THING!

AHHGHGHGHGHGHGH

Yeah, we are about to fire him...

2. Metaltastic

Metaltastic Member

Well that fucking rules sphy, cuz if you leave the band all that crap comes with you to the next one!

3. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

Right. I really wish I wasn't a idiot back in the day and kept my PA I ended up with at the end of the life of my first band.

4. The inquisitor

Just for the no drinking rule i would fucking move over there to play bass.

I would love to be in a band with some of you guys. Lets all move to Bergen hah.

5. Emdprodukt

Emdprodukt Member of Dude Castle 69

I'm so glad I'm playing in a band with my best friends and my fiance. It's working out so perfectly. We're getting better and better on our instruments. Everyone is really giving the best he/she can. We try not to set us under pressure and since then it's even better.

Our bassplayer just got a bigger transporter so playing gigs and transporting our equiptment is no problem anymore. We still have no pa... I guess I will pay the whole thing. Everything else leads to fights in the case the band would brake up. At least for me. So everyone pays a bit. Okay... it's not always fair but that's the way it is and we try hard to give everyone a job and a possibility to invest into the band. It just wouldn't work if the bassplayer gets the kickdrummic and the other guitarplayer get's the overhead.

We are the ones in the band that will be engineering. So we will pay for the most stuff. That's the way it is.

6. Machinated

Machinated Member

ARGH, thought I'd dig this one up. Driving myself mad trying to find a vocalist in the South East somewhere.....Anyone know someone who can sing round here?

.....I'll guess Ill just have to warm up my pipes and learn to sing

7. Machinated

Machinated Member

Oh yeah, and maybe you band guys can say how and where you met your band mates....might inspire some of us to look in different places.

My band:

Bassist - One of my friends from school
    Drummer - went to our old singers school
    Guitarist - recorded his band

8. Loren Littlejohn

Loren Littlejohn Lover of all boobage.

I met my old band through myspace. The band prior to that: we were already friends and we decided to get a band together.

9. MartijnPaauwe

MartijnPaauwe Member

Well i think i can call myself a lucky fellow :)

My band is all about talented guys/girl (our bassplayer is female) and all of them our motivated :)
    No one does weed or alcohol during rehearsals and gigs, we're still inspired and motivated. It all works really democratic, if I have got an idea for a guitarpart everyone listens, if anyone has an idea for a drumpart I am listening.

True, the situation has been worse. It began to run smoothly when I joined the band, after a lot of singer/guitarist changes we're now having a stable line-up since October 2007.
    And the best thing is that they are all great friends, if not my best :)

10. xmidihcx

xmidihcx off topic user

i feel your pain everyone! this is precisely why my friend and i decided to start learning other instruments instead of just sticking to guitar. he does vocals too now and i have been playing the drums consistently for about a year now.

i must say its been going well as a duo but we are we need at least a keyboard player or bassist to fill out the low end and to add some texture.. i know i posted a thread already but shit if anyones interested in what it sounds like when two guitarists pick up drums and vocals in hopes of creating fucking heavy metal! warning: garage quality!

visit our very own island on myspace! http://www.myspace.com/noleisland

11. smy1

smy1 Member

Do it like I did: start playing electro. Then you don't need bandmembers ... :lol:

12. xmidihcx

xmidihcx off topic user

like new jersey? :lol: