This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Want You!

Join Symphony X and discover tons of other great Metal forums, sign up today!

Worst gig?

Discussion in 'Symphony X (Unofficial)' started by squidfetish, Jul 25, 2009.

1. J-Dubya 777

J-Dubya 777 It NEVER ends

It's not bad, it's no 7th Of Never, but it's worth hearing. Awesome singer.
    Not even David Chastain knows Leather's whereabouts. I think there was serious interest in getting an old Chastain band reunion happening, but sadly, Leather has given us the slip! Side note: I did a shot with her on her birthday after her last show in the Chicago area, at good ol' Chances R. :headbang:

2. ABQShredHead

ABQShredHead ©1970

I don't have her solo disc, but what I've heard on YouTube sounds very good, vocally.

3. Argentina X

Argentina X Progressive Argentinian

Hate to say this, but it was Nightwish in 2004... Crowd was filled with many emo children and anybody knew a fucking song. Besides, the band didn't play as good as I expected.

4. metallicdistort

metallicdistort Shite name.

When I saw Children of Bodom, the sound was also pretty shit. It sounded like a big mess of blurry noise, with the drums being way louder than everything else, and the vocals and solos hard to hear. It was also kinda hard to make out which songs they were playing sometimes because of that.

However, Cannibal Corpse's opening set killed Bodom's with a wall of fucking death!

And whoever said Metallica suck live is full of shit and clearly not a Metallica fan. They are the best band I've ever seen live.

5. Kenneth R.

Kenneth R. Cináed

Metallica's good live the first time. After a few gigs you realize they keep doing the same show. Nightwish IS an emo band. What'd you expect?

6. Argentina X

Argentina X Progressive Argentinian

A miracle...?:heh:

7. ToastedOveries

ToastedOveries Stranger in the night

When i went to go and see deep purple a few years back, Styx were supporting them i think, Man they fucking sucked, the sound was shite and the singer looked like a ponce, and it was a sitting gig, it was awfull but i still had a good time to be honest - Purple were quite good.

On metallica i kind of agree, they are quite good first time, but they wear off. The most consistent band i've ever seen is Sabbath in its many incarnations with Iommi, he allways puts on a good show.

8. squidfetish

squidfetish Member

Damn straight, squire! Iommi is one of the godfathers of rawk and no mistake! :kickass:

9. PurpleDink

PurpleDink Member

I said sexist, not gay.

10. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

Black Sabbath's first show in America. Ozzy was scared shitless and spent most of the show hiding behind the speaker cab smoking cigs. And....the guys couldn't play. baaaaaad. Am I showing my age? You betcha.

11. razoredge

razoredge Member

I guess that sums up what I have always thought... Ozzy=tool

Blue Oyster Cult/Rush, twice back around 76-78 only because the sound sucked
    If not for Russells voice cutting through the so called mix and his stage presence the Symphony X concert would have sucked too... again because of the sound man

Best was SRV hands down no one compares
    Best metal show was Kamelot

Metallica, oddy enough Im going to see them this week for the first time, my friend/drummers wife bought us tickets for his birthday. It should be cool if the soundmans head isnt up his ass.

12. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Member

SRV !!!! Raw, unrefined talent..yeah.

I can agree about Kamelot. Of soooo many concerts in my life, the one Kamelot show at Jaxx on the Black Halo tour was like nothing I ever experienced before. I couldn't shake it for weeks.