This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Would anyone care to see a Spock's Beard reunion and Mike Portnoy with Neal Morse?

Discussion in 'ProgPower USA' started by Artilect, Dec 26, 2012.

1. TwizstedJesus

TwizstedJesus Member

Holy shit! This is a must see show at the worst possible time! There would be no way in hell to get the time off of work to go to Nashville! Damn I hope they stream this, record this for dvd...something. Maybe Neal shows up at ProgPower! Now that would be a coup!

2. Bamafan

Bamafan Member

I'm hopeful Neal makes the trip down from Nashville.

3. spag

spag I am a leaf on the wind

Let me start by saying that I'm not trying to slam anyone's faith. People can believe what they want, and I could care less. That said, Morsefest is held in a church, and while you will get a classic Spock's Beard album, and probably more Spock's Beard music, you will be getting loads of Christian Prog Rock. It attracts an interesting fan base to say the least. Maybe you'd have a blast there, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be having the best time. While I wouldn't mind seeing Spock's Beard, I could do without the rest of that weekend.

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Member

I wouldn't instantly discount a concert simply because it is in a church. In fact, the first time I saw California Guitar Trio it was in a church.

Looking at the schedule, it looks like Friday's show is an unplugged "storyteller" show with Neal and friends, which probably will have a lot of his solo output, but also him talking about how those songs came to be. Then Saturday is the Spock's Beard show. The only thing really religious is the service on Sunday, which you can certainly skip.

Also, it looks like you can buy single day tickets if you wish. Granted, $75 bucks is pretty steep, but given that SB has never played Snow, it might be worth it for fans.