This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wtf is an 11.1 DTS Headphone:X mix?

Discussion in 'Bar' started by cfh11, Jun 2, 2014.

1. cfh11

cfh11 Member

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/so...ever-be-offered-with-11-1-dts-headphonex-mix/

"DTS Headphone:X allows fans to hear the music as if they were sitting in the producer's chair, in studio with the band."

so what... this is supposed to simulate listening to flat monitors in a sound treated environment? the spoonman mix sounds cool i guess, but i am really starting to think that itunes is ultimately going to destroy AE as a profession. this is probably not too far in the distant future:

[​IMG]

2. updog

updog Member

EDIT. welp, as tired as I was yesterday, I had managed to completely miss the point.

3. Habsburgs

Habsburgs Member

sounds like those mediaplayers with "effects" like fake 5.1 and stuff. Those comments though :lol:

4. egan.

egan. daylightdies.com

If I'm honest it was a little disconcerting to listen to.

5. Jarkko Mattheiszen

Jarkko Mattheiszen The FU guy.

Sounds like you get an insanely precise 3D reproduction of sitting in front of the console while listening to Cornell farting on the sofa in one channel, Thayil eating chinese in another, the record mogul snorting coke in the third, someone's girlfriend talking loudly on the phone in stereo while you're trying to work, the unmistakable sound of the assistant accidentally wrapping himself in 2" tape, something spilling over on the three thousand dollar Indian rug you just got dry cleaned in channel number seven, and two channels of Shepherd and Cameron arguing over the tempo of Kickstand. Oh, and the actual mix of the album coming from the studio's 2.1 system.

It's the future, you know.

6. JamieK

JamieK Member

Can see this working really well for movies and gaming, but doesn't really work for music.

7. Behind

Behind Member

kind of phasey and strange

8. wishtheend

wishtheend clip the apex

Listened with over the ears and earbuds, and the earbuds gave a better image (proximity effect I guess). It seems like a better practice of binaural. I'm all for more submersive music, remixes of old stereo will be just as weird as Beatles and Doors 5.1 Stuff recorded and mixed with this in mind would probably be a better example.

9. Notuern

Notuern Bloody vaginal belch

Wow, that sounds insanely bad in my headphones at least.. sounds like a 20ms chorus or something :yuk: