This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

I Wait For You...

...you know you cannot hide. Join the forum today!

WTF is wrong with the senate?

Discussion in 'Nevermore' started by flying_whale, May 30, 2007.

1. deathstrike from hell

deathstrike from hell Deathstrike lambtron

Damn James, when did you grow a set of balls? hahahaha

2. mReEtTaIlRsEkD

mReEtTaIlRsEkD New Metal Member

I used to never get involved in the political threads because I knew the majority of the board were disgustingly leftist pigs that are closeminded to all but the retarded. Today, though, I felt uppity.

3. deathstrike from hell

deathstrike from hell Deathstrike lambtron

:lol:

4. Malergion

Malergion Complex pain

I stay out of the political threads because there's more to life than worrying about who's a "disgustingly leftist pig" and who's a "whiny conservative blowhard".

I am politically neutral. I do, however, think that this new program is going to fuck the economy, assuming it's seriously enforced. If it isn't, then it's just another pork barrel. Ahh, paradox.

5. JBroll

JBroll I MIX WITH PHYSICS!!!!

Seeing as how we pay our taxes, I'd say that having problems with something we had no choice about buying into and that is trying to fuck us over to appease far-right loons is fairly acceptable. Oh, and for the record, calling people idiotic douchebags with no hope or value does not generally put you across as the intellectual type in political discussions.

Jeff

6. Malergion

Malergion Complex pain

Well, he can't just say "down with intellectuals" then, because that's something a leftist pig would say.

7. zmetallica

zmetallica Member

haha this is such bullshit, i know about it cause i had to sign off (meaning sign a sheet that is given to homeland security) on this when i got my job at guitar center.

8. mReEtTaIlRsEkD

Well Jeff, I'll reiterate my original statement; If you don't like the way this country is run get the fuck out. No one's gonna miss an idiotic douchebag like yourself.

9. flying_whale

flying_whale Rome 64 C.E.

james has a point more or less (not the get the fuck out of the country one). Sometimes the system works against you if you are stupid and retarded and fucked yourself someway or another. the system can work, but as dead winter pointed out won't bring you happiness by default and the whole nine yards.

10. JBroll

Of course, but only because you have such wonderful grounds for calling me an idiotic douchebag - I mean, Western civilization has *only* gotten this far because everyone thought alike and nobody ever went around trying to change things for the better, right?

Jeff

11. Liverslapper

whats wrong with the government overall. The whole thing is stupid. Fuck the senate, fuck the whole damn thing.

srry as you should already know i hate the government...

12. RedKef

RedKef Cos(8x) | -Cos(8x) | .25

I just wish our government followed its own constitution. The united states is supposedly a republic, meaning that citizens own the land and the government just takes care of it for you.

so anyone here besides ericT go into their backyard and build a log cabin. the next day the county will knock on your door with a fine and a cease and desist.

if you own your land, you should be able to do whatever you want with it, right?

Another good example is roads. roads are public property, and the government doesn't own public property. So how can they force you to wear a seat belt and go a certain speed? just because you're endangering yourself and/or others doesn't mean that they can stop you. It's your car, your money, your body. You just have to pay others for any damages you cause them.

The best example of all? Drugs.

What right does the government have to restrict us from what we consider recreation? Talk about fucking 1984... I will agree wholeheartedly that most drugs are bad (mm'kay), but the government has absolutely no right to control what we do in our free time.

Our government has turned into nothing but a elective totalitarian oligarchy with a few power checks that have major loop holes.

The worst part? There's not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

13. mReEtTaIlRsEkD

You're a whiny fucking dolt who couldn't persuade a nun to pray. Next time your thought influx has a bearing on anyone, not to a mention a whole civilization, feel free to call me, I'll get that same nun to suck you off.
    Go write a book Montaigne.

14. JBroll

Oh, snap! I've been pwned! Look, if all you can think of as debate is 'u r stoopid' then quit trying to come across as someone who has a clue. Name my whining and convince me that I'm a dolt, if you're such a badass.

I don't see what that has to do with anything, given that our history from the Enlightenment on shows us doing a hell of a lot better when we try to improve things instead of just accepting them because they're they're. I don't see how 'if you don't like it, leave' is such a deep, profound insight, or how it beats 'bullshit, we can do this better' in terms of motivating over two hundred years of American history, so... you have a lot of explaining to do if you feel like digging yourself in deeper.

Jeff

15. Burti

Burti Member

As much as I usually disagree with Metalskater here, gonna have to give this one an [​IMG]

Not quite a McOwned, but you're almost there.

16. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

so true :(

17. WhiteBeastofWotan

WhiteBeastofWotan Apostitutes!

I'm going to start my own country where I make all the rules, citizenship is by invitation, and all monotheistic religions are banned.
    Frank, you're invited.

18. Burti

Burti Member

Soviet Union? It's been done dude. Minus maybe the monotheistic bit.

19. Krigloch the Furious

Krigloch the Furious Pants full of poo

can I be the executioner?

20. flying_whale

flying_whale Rome 64 C.E.

Jeff, you totally missed james's (metalskater) and for that you deserve (and got) raped