This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Join the Chaos

Want to join in with the rest of the Hate Crew? Sign up today!

Your guitars, fx, amps

Discussion in 'Children Of Bodom' started by Generation_Speedkill, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Yetti

Yetti Active Member

an arm, a leg, and your left nut :lol:

2. RockBodom

RockBodom Member

my whole diezel rig ended up being 9,345 dollars american

3. Määgnös

Määgnös Member

Jackson RR-3

4. gregofbodom

gregofbodom Member

nearly 10,000 dollars eh? im thinkin that ill stick with what ive got..............

5. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

thats a pretty penny. . .

i added up my rig

over $4000 US :erk:

6. gregofbodom

gregofbodom Member

mine was only 1400.............i got all my shit used. the 5150 and 1960A cab were only 600 all together.

7. Jani Laiho

Jani Laiho Member

You've probably been asked billions of times where the hell you got your guitars, but...one more time wouldnt hurt, right? :D besides, this one is coming from a guy with the shittest setup imaginable, but i somehow find a way to rock out to some bodom songs..in a professional way by the way. but ive been planning on getting a jackson similar to alexis model, but i have no idea where to find one..or how much money id be spending on one...because looking at the two you had pretty much made me nut in front of my computer screen..heh. like this is me looking at your guitars: :worship:

8. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

ha, thanks dood.

well, they are stock RX10D guitars, but one is modified a little bit, and the white is modded a LOT!! the black one i just put an EMG 81 in it, painted the bevels yellow, and put golt hardware on it. The white one, i found a 24 fret DK-2 Neck from the Jackson/charvel forums, and bought a RX10D body off of ebay (it was black), i sanded it to bare wood, had the Neck Pickup hole Plugged, had the toggle switch hole plugged, and got a cut out underneath for easier access to higher frets. that was $100 for the body work. then i just painted the body, installed the electronics, and bought a REAL floyd rose for it, and there i have it, a RX10D "Custom."

im planning on doing it to the Black on also, Only ill be using a DK-1 Neck (american Made, ebony Fretboard, better binding)

9. Jani Laiho

Jani Laiho Member

ahh, damn. seems like a lot of work. but after i read it about 3 times i started thinking...hmm, why didnt i think of that? heh. im probably going to have to use your idea with the DK-2 neck, and somehow getting one on a RX10D body, because if im not playing with 24 frets i just cant play to my full potential, you get so used to them being there. im pretty much screwed when it comes to sanding it down and re-painting it though. all ive been able to find are black models. put im sure i could pay somewhere to get it done along with the neck and body parts. the floyd rose shouldnt be a problem, but im curious about getting a cut out underneath, because ive never had a problem reaching frets, but if its easier then thats another plus for the job.
    i'll probably go with having the Neck Pickup hole Plugged, and the toggle switch hole plugged too. because i really enjoy the sound of just one pickup. i dont know what it is...or maybe its just in my head :err: who knows. however there is one problem with me completing this project..the state of Georgia sucks, so its gonna be pretty hard finding a place that will do that shit for me...and at a reasonable price too. obviously it will cost a good sack of change but...im not looking for anything outrageous, you know. but i do appreciate the info, ive never really had an ass kicking guitar so, this ones gotta count, :headbang: heh. anybody have any ideas on a good amp setup that will work through this? or is this just another redundant question.. :Spin: if so...my bad! i cant read every message on this thing

10. Katalepsy

Katalepsy Member

Goddamn...You all have some nice shit...Lots of RR models, lol.
    I'm so damn inferior...
    BC Rich Bronze Warlock w/ Seymour Duncan Live Wire Heavy Metal active bridge pickup (The best pickup I have ever used, I will never settle for anything else)
    Shitty BC Rich 10W Practice amp...Kinda pathetic

Oh well...*hopefully* Soon to be:
    ESP F Series Custom w/ Duncan LW-HMETs of course
    Caparison Dellinger HGS
    Caparison Horus (27 frets)
    Mesa/Boogie Triaxxis Preamp
    Line 6 HD-147 Head
    2x Randall Titan 4x12" Cabs

-Yes, I am actually working on buying all of that, it's not just some wild dream of mine.

11. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

12. the_drip

the_drip Martriden K

we have 2 5150's in the garage right now. and a 5150 cab, a MArshal JCM 900 cab, and a carvin LEgacy cab with a giant metal pentagram that my brother made in metals class attached to it.

an RR-1, RR-3 and a Y2KV for guitars. And a cheap shitty Washburn.

Also a Korg Triton Le and a Carvin 2x10 1000 watt Keyboard amp.

13. ihave27frets

ihave27frets Member

there is a caparison horus for sale on ebay right now, just search caparison

14. Itsemurhailija

Itsemurhailija Spirit of Rebellion

Jackson RR-LL #33 with EMG-81. Marshall 8040 (sucks).

15. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

[​IMG]

finally a proper pic of all my shit

16. Ustrel

Ustrel 1,000 eyes are watching

^WOW nice! I have a marshall Valve-state Avt 50, I like the distortion it gives. I don't need a pedal. I tried topping it with a metal zone mt-2 pedal but the combination was worse.

17. bobvex

bobvex Teh Forum Fuhrer

try a Boss SD-1 marshall (specifically a JCM 800) + Boss SD-1 = Drooling tone

18. Justinschut

Justinschut Under Destruction

My guitars can be seen here:

http://UnderDestruction.dmusic.com/pictures

I got a Marshall 8240 (80 Watt stereo) amp. And some effects like: Morley Bad Horsie Wah, Boss Metal Zone, Boss Octave, a flanger and phaser.
    I don´t use my effects often though... just the distortion from my Marshall

19. Elysian893

Elysian893 Dethklok

changed the way i get my distortion on my blue voodoo recently... picked up a tubescreamer, and now i run the clean channel on 10 to overdrive the tubes and use the tubescreamer to push em that much more... gets on hell of a crunch! i'm digging it a lot

20. Thilo

Thilo Member

Bobvex, your rack on the left looks very weighty...much lugging around?