This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Your latest G.A.S. purchases

Discussion in 'Backline' started by ahjteam, Oct 31, 2008.

1. LeSedna

LeSedna Mat or Mateo

I have a pair of these isacoustics stands. I can't talk about the difference myself as I used them right away in my new flat, but there is a video that compares them to auralex mopads and it convinced me :

#11381 LeSedna, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  2. ArsMemoria

ArsMemoria Member

Whoa. When I finally pick up some real monitors, it looks like I'm picking up a pair of those IsoAcoustics stands. Had no idea they would be that much different than the Auralex.

3. jeid

jeid Terribad

These arrived yesterday, but whoever installed them for the guy had chopped some of the ends off of the solderless connectors. Spoke to the seller and he gave me £20 towards a new solderless kit as he felt bad about it. Bonus for me. Got one ordered today so hopefully by midweek I'll be able to play with them. They look badass in my Les Paul though!

4. Brett - K A L I S I A

Brett - K A L I S I A Dreaded Moderator

5. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

ESP LTD MH-1000ET! Should be here tomorrow and I can't wait to try out the Evertune bridge
    [​IMG]

6. Vihaleipä

Vihaleipä Member

Westone Thunder III, I traded my old Ltd KH 202 for this, made in Japan in the 80's by Matsumoku, the build quality is great and this has TONS of different sounds (it has 3-way pickup selector, 3-way coil split, phase switch and mix switch for the middle humbucker that makes it either really bright or bit muddy :lol:, it has all access style set neck joint and maple neck and body, it weights a ton also.

[​IMG]

Waves C4:
    [​IMG]

Waves Bass Rider:
    [​IMG]

Superlux HD662:
    [​IMG]

Dunlop Jazz III 1,38mm:
    [​IMG]

Millenium MS-2003 mic stand for my BM800, the mic isn't bad at all actually:
    [​IMG]

Those plus set of bass strings, a string winder from ebay and a cheap piece of the acoustic foam that Thomann makes that I've used as a working pad for setting up guitars, it's pretty good for that actually (4cm thick and it costs 3,9 euros, works probably better as a pad than as an acoustic treatment :lol:).

7. jeid

jeid Terribad

Really liking the 57/66 combo. They sound great. Look sweet in the Les Paul as well.

[​IMG]

8. Vihaleipä

Vihaleipä Member

Waves CLA 76 Comp/Limiter for 99$, I paid nothing for it myself, gotta love the Waves Refer a Friend-system :lol:.

[​IMG]
    http://refer.waves.com/cw6Ik I you buy that or anything else from Waves it would be cool if you would buy it thru that link ;).

9. StoneLord

StoneLord LurkMachine Pete

Twang-a-lang-a-ding-dong.
    [​IMG]

10. Ihsahn1981

Ihsahn1981 Member

Sweeet! I prefer them in white actually.

Now what is that classical guitar in the background?
    The headstock looks very similar to my Admira guitar.

11. DeclanWhite

DeclanWhite Senior Member

[​IMG]

I am now in love with greenbacks

12. Old Man Doom

Old Man Doom Member

Major upgrades to my bedroom studio gear today:

iMac 27" 5k Retina + 1 TB Fusiondrive. Nice upgrade from my 10 year old MBP. Using it for image and video editing too.
    [​IMG]

Logic Pro X: also a nice upgrade from Logic 9. However, I still have a few 32 bit plugins that I want to use, but there's no fething way that I'm going to shell out another $100 or so on a bridge plugin just to run legacy instrument AUs that I don't use all the time. Also, screw IK Multimedia for not making 64 bit version of their older products.
    [​IMG]

Bx5's: Scored these used (in good shape) from guitar center for $100. I would have preferred some JBL's, but I couldn't pass up the price, especially when anything is a better upgrade than my old, old AV40's.
    [​IMG]

Saffire Pro 26: Very excited to upgrade from my basic little usb interface. I would have gone for a thunderbolt interface, but all the ones on the market are way too expensive. I think this will do just fine.
    [​IMG]

UVI Digital Synstations: Got this free. Gonna use 'em on my 80's sci-fi synth rock project.
    [​IMG]

13. Terminus

Terminus Member

[​IMG]

About to try these suckers oot.

14. Manicompression

Manicompression doing it for the kids

What are your impressions of the Archon 50 and the Neumann Kh120's?

Does the Archon 50 have the goods the 100w does? My EVH 50w sounds great under the mic and totally cuts it at band practice but lately Ive been playing my Dual Rec and it just has a "thunk" about it that I missed when playing the EVH. The amps are voiced completely different but I feel like it also has to do with clean headroom in the amp. Thoughts?

Ive been really debating a big upgrade to my monitoring and keep coming back to these KH120's. Are you finding they translate well? There is considerable positive feedback on the net for them but I get the impression that most of it is not coming from people that mix heavy rock / metal.

15. GRStudios

GRStudios Member

New Amp.

Laney Ironheart IRT-Studio

Bilde 25.07.15, 01.11.57.jpg

#11395 GRStudios, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  16. DeclanWhite

I havent played the 100w archon, but it has the balls that my old 50w EVH was missing. waaay better than the evh in my opinion, in every way!

the neumann's are great! they dont sound like 5" woofers at all. they obviously dont go down super low, but they're everything I need from monitors and translate very well. a few days ago I was listening through them and thought "wow. I forgot I was even listening to speakers." they just sound so damn clean and flat. highly recommend!

17. greyskull

greyskull Member

OMNOMNOMNISPHERE 2

[​IMG]

18. DeclanWhite

got a 2011 macbook pro 15" for about US$290

19. jeid

jeid Terribad

Built a new computer. Hackintosh with an Intel i7 4790k, Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK, 16Gb Ram, 2x 250gb SSD, 2x1TB Seagate, 2x Dell 24" Monitors, Fractal Design Define R5 case. Nice and quiet and fast :)

Got a Pedaltrain Metro 24 SC as I'm just going to be using my amp, a tuner and an overdrive from now on. Simples.

20. Ericlingus

Ericlingus Prettiest Hair Around

got a Digitech Whammy DT pedal and a YouRock MIDI guitar! Have Yamaha HS7's on the way. Also got an Agile 8 string not too long ago.