This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Your vote counts... do you like this band?

Discussion in 'Nightmare Records' started by MEGALOUD, Aug 28, 2010.

?

vote the most appropriate feeling their music gives you!

1. Hell Yes this is kickin'

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. boring...snoozefest of metal

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. Eh...it's ok

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MEGALOUD

MEGALOUD The Nightmare Has Begun..

Minneapolis/St. Paul,MN (The Twin Cities)
  2. Ryan M.

Ryan M. Theocratic Fanatic

With better production this would be some epic stuff! Really... it's the production that I don't like about the song. They have talent I can see. YES!

3. Photino Decay

Photino Decay Quantum Superposition

Yeah, I think all they need is some money to get better production and then send them on tour. Sounds like a perfect addition to your portfolio, Lance.

4. ApolloFC

ApolloFC Sax-Man

Never really been of fan of bands with -core elements. They're doing something different with the song writing, thats a plus. I personally wouldn't buy it though.

5. MEGALOUD

MEGALOUD The Nightmare Has Begun..

Minneapolis/St. Paul,MN (The Twin Cities)
    90 hits and only 5 votes? c'mon people!

6. PatrickHoyt

PatrickHoyt The Darkitecht

I like it...better production would be key. Love the music - not so in love with vocals but they're not terrible by any means. Not a bad singer, just not stylistically what I like.

7. ken from canada

Not a shabby band if you want an opinion. And I will second that they are talented.

Morbid Theory has a lot of neat things going on musically; these guys at least do not mind throwing in the kitchen sink to their sound. I do detect the core sound to quite a few of the riffs (as were mentioned above) in certain tracks; and can especially see that whole "pit thing" going on while a track like "Going Under" is performed. But I detect some other cool progressive elements make their appearance to keep me interested. Like the folkish acoustic passage in "Ruination".

The varied vocals took me by surprise as I did not have any idea that they were going to incorporate the variety they do. I will say that the more clean and melodic vocals can use some fine tuning; the straight up core vocal stuff is the type I do not usually listen to but it seems to be okay for what it is; the spoken stuff seems a bit odd but does not detract from the sound; and the gang vocals were a pleasant addition.

Thanks for the heads up on these guys. Whether you pick them up or not, they are a solid fine.

8. Ryan M.

Ryan M. Theocratic Fanatic

Come on! vote!

9. Bobushka

Bobushka New Metal Member

Hey guys,

It's Bobby (guitarist) from Morbid Theory. Thanks so much for checking out our songs, and thanks a bunch to Lance for putting out our link to you!

It really means a lot that you listened to the songs, and left feedback (I obviously didn't vote in the poll because that wouldn't be too fair.. haha). Being in a band and playing music is my passion, and I really hope to turn it into a career (same with the other guys in the band).

Thanks again, and take care everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.