This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

YT: Kemper Profiling Amp - Rectifier

Discussion in 'Backline' started by Ola Englund, Feb 7, 2012.

1. drew_drummer

drew_drummer Dancefap

2. rispsira

rispsira Member

mm too bad.. So what are we gonna do Lasse :mad: To jump in the bandwagon or not to..

3. rispsira

rispsira Member

Quick question: can you profile an amp with multiple mics? maybe you have to sum them and send back to the kemper?

4. phisk

phisk Member

Yes, you can. :kickass:

5. SwambA

SwambA Processed Chicken

Jocke, what does it sound like recording direct? Does it capture the mic,cab and power section as well? I'm a little confused, because all the videos I have watched show it just going back into the same cab/ power amp so the mic,cab, power amp simulation must be turned off at that point to get it to sound like the preamp. It is using the amp power section of the amp its profile in your video right?

6. Ola Englund

Ola Englund Only gay in the village

Wait what are you guys talking about?! I have heard from top men, TOP MEN that they're doing a 3HE rack version.

7. Lasse Lammert

Lasse Lammert HCAF Blitzkrieg

well, perhaps it's being planned, but nothing official yet (sure you were allowed to share that info on a forum? ;) ).
    Sounded like they won't have a rack version on the MusikMesse though

8. Adrian Warren

Adrian Warren Member

Probably not. Now he's going to jail. :D

9. Josh Burgess

Josh Burgess Member

I don't think he's calling you a liar, but it sounds noticeably different to me also. It sounds quite good and very close, but it doesn't sound 100% the same. Sure, it's just a youtube video, but the quality of the sound is the same for both the amp and the kemper... you can still hear the difference between them when you switch back and forth. The kemper sounds just slightly more scratchy/trebley, not as smooth/deep.

The way it was worded makes it sound like it was just used to monitor through while tracking DIs. Still, it does sound good and would be a lot more fun to listen to while tracking than impulse responses.

10. Vendo

Vendo Member

Yeah, i was confused when u said its like 100 % the same, cuz the kemper sounded a bit more trebley as mentioned before ( or less bass ..). Cant say anything about missing depth, therefore the quality wasn´t good enough ( at least for me... if u have magic ears, fine). Yes, its freaking close as fuck, but not 100 %. I wont say its something u cant fix with some tweaking or eq or something.

11. phisk

phisk Member

i demand a blind test! :)

12. cyril_v

cyril_v ♪-♫-♪

Usually all but one person ends up failing the blind tests, lol.

13. utak666

utak666 New Metal Member

Well...have you ever heard BOTTOM men talking about "racks". I guess I`m pretty funny when I`m a bit drunk.

14. phisk

phisk Member

Let's fail! :loco: :hotjump:

15. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Member

But I like to eat fish.

16. rispsira

rispsira Member

kewl!

About the difference in sound that you guys heard i am not sure if you were talking about that last Jocke vid. In that case - tho i might be wrong cause im only listening on crappy laptop speakers - but i dont think the difference in sound was like you guys described it because if you noticed the guy with the cam was moving around while Jocke was switching back and forth between both setups?

However the only difference i felt, but then again on my laptop, was from other vids were i felt they were very similar in character but the mids on the kemper sounded a bit more "washy" dono how to explain. But then again until i try one or listen to more stuff i cant tell for sure.

All i know is ive been following this since day one and im pretty psyched.. :kickass:

17. ::XeS::

::XeS:: Member

The difference is very subtle, also in Ola's, videos but in my opinion it's still there. Maybe other tests will clear better how it is accurate. Awesome device anyway.
    My point was another.... we accept the subtle differences between a digital amp and the real deal but very often we don't accept the (maybe) more subtle difference between a 300€ 8 channel preamp and a 2000€ 2 channel preamp because "in a full mix it makes the difference".
    It's very funny :)

18. dcb

dcb nerd

the difference is in the low end, there is a dip at 110 hz of ~ 3 db in the kemper profile. though this could be fixed with the built in eq.
    nevertheless all profiles i have tested so far sounded too boomy for my taste.

here is a quick comparison : (jocke, if you want me to delete this, i will of course ;-)! i just cant make any profiles atm...

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/uebersound/kemper-vs-real [/SOUNDCLOUD]

yes, they sound slightly different, but nothing of any importance in a mix (100hz region is usually cool for standing in front of an amp,
    not really useful in a mix. im happy with a little dip there, makes tones sit faster!)

19. TheDude

TheDude Jocke Skog

It sounds like a miked amp. In this case EXACTLY like a miked amp.

No, it's direct vs the microphone. That is, the amp is all on it's own and the KPA is direct.

Well, it's filmed with an iPad, and the look of my face tells more than the things you think you hear, because if there's any difference it's because of camera movement in the room. I consider myself to have pretty good years, and it was perfect! Ronnie (who filmed it) says the same: exactly the same. No I'm not sponsored by Kemper but yes, this thing managed to do what the video says. 100%. I was there.

Exactly.

We profiled the Mark IV too, but that one was different. It sounded good, but different from the original. User error or bugs? No idea.

The recto was a hundred percent accurate in sound and feel. If anyone says anything different, you're calling me a liar. Simple as that. No smiley this time.

20. ang3

ang3 Member

did you profile it with a boost in the chain?