2009 favorites?

I generally don't keep year end lists of favorites since so much stuff comes through here. As they come to mind I'll list some titles that really stood out for me and got repeated play at Casa Laser's Edge. Instead of starting new posts I'll edit this one as I think of new titles to add.

Diablo Swing Orchestra - Sing Along Songs For The Damned And Delirious (OK - this IS my fav release of 2009)
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome
Delain - April Rain
Stabat Akish - Stabat Akish
Enochian Theory - Evolution: Creatio Ex Nihilio
Wobbler - Afterglow
Eloy - Visionary
Siena Root - Different Realities
Espers - Espers III
Hostanaten - Autumnsymphony
Redemption - Snowfall On Judgement Day
Wada Leo Smith - Spiritual Dimensions
Arcane - Chronicles Of The Waking Dream
Orrenmaa Band - Make My Day
Makajodama
Duncan Mackay - Chimera
Riverside - Anno Domini High Definition
Phideaux - Number Seven
Afroskull - To Obscurity And Beyond
Beardfish - Destined Solitaire

I'll think of others and keep adding to the list. All in all it was a pretty good year for music.

Phideaux - Number Seven &
Duncan Mackay - Chimera

Yes! I forgot about them Ken.
Great stuff!

Ummmm, did we not put out Hinterland in 2005? Maybe you were a little TOO close to that flash fire today...or age is catching up to you. :loco:

I think he meant: Wobbler - Afterglow, which came out in February. Picked it up in my last order from here. I think it's excellent. I've listened to it quite a few times all ready.

I'm sure he did, but just as he doesn't pass up an opportunity to point out an error on my part, I simply couldn't allow this one to slip by unnoticed. :lol:

Martigan - Vision
Delain - April Rain
The Gathering - The West Pole
IQ - Frequency
Whyzdom - From The Brink Of Eternity
Mangrove - Beyond Reality
Anekdoten - Chapters
Satellite - Nostalgia

Not in that order exactly, but Martigan is 1st.

Whilst 'April Rain' by Delain was certainly the best in its field in 2009, not far behind (and a debut double CD!!) was 'King Of The Universe' by French septet (including three female vocalists!!) YotangoR...... Go check it out!!