Ace Frehley solo tour

actordude

Sep 29, 2003
SoCal
Hey all.......just wondering if anyone has seen Ace on his current solo tour....If so, how's the show?? Setlist??
Thanks,
Drew ~

Just found this set list from the New Orleans show...
Rip It Out
Hard Times / I Want You
Parasite
Snowblind
Rock Soldiers
Shot Full of Rock
Into the Void
Breakout
Strangeways
Medley
-- Torpedo Girl
-- Speedin’ Back to My Baby
-- 5 Card Stud
-- Trouble Walkin’
Stranger in a Strange Land
New York Groove (with lighted guitar)
Shock Me
Ace Solo (with ‘ole smoky)
Rocket Ride
-------------
Deuce
Love Her All I Can
Love Gun
Cold Gin (which led into the live ending of Black Diamond)

I saw ACE a little over a week ago and his voice sounds stronger than ever and his playing is badass now, he actually did sum shredding. He didn't drink at all and i think said only one swear word the entire night, hes a new sober ACE. But he didnt preach at all. While introducing "Into The Void" all he said was everyone now and then gets in a spot they need help getting out of and that he did and you could too. One entertaining moment was when is guitar "actually" caught on fire breifley before it started smoking for the end of "Shock Me", and no that wasnt part of the act. Great show and it was sold out. :headbang:

Saw the Buffalo show on the 29th, and I gotta say from the very front row about three feet away (literally) I was in awe. Always an idol of mine since I saw them in '77 when I was 10, I just could not get over the fact that this was really him in front of me wailing away on all the things I remember doing air guitar and rocking out in my room to all those years ago! Amazing show - the setlist is about right as listed above. Ace is sober now for over a year and hopefully jamming with these young dudes will give him the inspiration to stay that way. Long live Ace!!!

I saw ACE a little over a week ago and his voice sounds stronger than ever and his playing is badass now, he actually did sum shredding. He didn't drink at all and i think said only one swear word the entire night, hes a new sober ACE. But he didnt preach at all. While introducing "Into The Void" all he said was everyone now and then gets in a spot they need help getting out of and that he did and you could too. One entertaining moment was when is guitar "actually" caught on fire breifley before it started smoking for the end of "Shock Me", and no that wasnt part of the act. Great show and it was sold out. :headbang:

Are you talking about the St. Louis show? I saw the look on his face when the flames shot out of the guitar and I thought for a second that he was going to drop it, ha ha. And the smell was awful for about 5 minutes. But it was a good show and I thought his solo's were good all night. I am tempted to catch the show in Chicago also.

Wow, that is an "ACE" setlist!! :lol:

No "Into The Night"???
I know the song is a bit cheesy, but I always liked it.

I saw Ace back in '92 and he didn't play Into The Night then either. I thought it was his biggest "hit" from his post-Kiss solo albums?

Are you talking about the St. Louis show? I saw the look on his face when the flames shot out of the guitar and I thought for a second that he was going to drop it, ha ha. And the smell was awful for about 5 minutes. But it was a good show and I thought his solo's were good all night. I am tempted to catch the show in Chicago also.

Yep that was the show, did you smell the sulfur for abour 30 minutes after that happened? Man it stunk up the place,lol. I was actually surprised how great he/they sounded, the drummer sounded dead on like a young Paul Stanley. :headbang:

Hey all.......just wondering if anyone has seen Ace on his current solo tour....If so, how's the show?? Setlist??
Thanks,
Drew ~

Saw the show here in Atlanta at Center Stage on the 22nd and Ace was smoking (literally)!!!!:headbang: Great show!!! Definitely worth checking out....

Yep that was the show, did you smell the sulfur for abour 30 minutes after that happened? Man it stunk up the place,lol. I was actually surprised how great he/they sounded, the drummer sounded dead on like a young Paul Stanley. :headbang:

Yes, I was pretty close to the stage and the smell was bad! It was also quite possibly the loudest club show that I have ever been to. It was extremely loud. I thought that the guitar solo during Shock Me was going to split my eardrums.

That was Anthony Esposito playing bass. He was good also. I hadn't seen him since the early 90's with Lynch Mob.