All Titles From The Enid On Sale

I'm about to do an interview with Robert John Godfrey.

Do you have any advice on anything I might ask him, Ken?

Thanks in advance,

Paul :worship:

I'm about to do an interview with Robert John Godfrey.

Do you have any advice on anything I might ask him, Ken?

Thanks in advance,

Paul :worship:

I would like to know what happened to the collaboration with Barclay James Harvest. That issue seems to be wrapped in mystery...

However, I have heard Godfrey to be a bit of a loon son you might want to tread lightly... :)

Thanks both of you....precisely what I thought! I will certainly ask him about the BJH split....might get me off to a bad start, however?!!

I also have the band's new album (Journeys End) here to review, also, but am finding it somewhat difficult to comprehend.

Cheers guys,

Paul

Well.......

Where to start?

I did in the event start by asking the following:

"Do you ever reflect upon your early association with Barclay James Harvest – and if so what are your abiding thoughts and memories of this period?"

And I received a reply....!!

"I should really not answer this question but I have not commented for many years – so here goes:

Although I hardly ever think of those distant days, my memories are sadly largely negative. I regret that the majority, (but not all) of the band lacked the ability to share my vision of a spectacular future together. As Norman Smith, the band’s producer said in 1972 when he found out I had been fired: “If you had stuck it out together you would be at least as big as Pink Floyd” – kind words but to no avail: Norman did not produce the band after that."

He elaborates greatly upon this and his answers to the rest of my questions are fascinating. Some are answered at great length, others very tersely.

Sorry guys, that's all you are getting here. I have put money into trying to make Fireworks Magazine a success, and hope that some of you at least will want to read more...

Cheers,

Paul :)

Well.......

Where to start?

I did in the event start by asking the following:

"Do you ever reflect upon your early association with Barclay James Harvest – and if so what are your abiding thoughts and memories of this period?"

And I received a reply....!!

"I should really not answer this question but I have not commented for many years – so here goes:

Although I hardly ever think of those distant days, my memories are sadly largely negative. I regret that the majority, (but not all) of the band lacked the ability to share my vision of a spectacular future together. As Norman Smith, the band’s producer said in 1972 when he found out I had been fired: “If you had stuck it out together you would be at least as big as Pink Floyd” – kind words but to no avail: Norman did not produce the band after that."

He elaborates greatly upon this and his answers to the rest of my questions are fascinating. Some are answered at great length, others very tersely.

Sorry guys, that's all you are getting here. I have put money into trying to make Fireworks Magazine a success, and hope that some of you at least will want to read more...

Cheers,

Paul :)

Nice scoop... Congrats on a great interview.