AMORPHIS: Queen of Time (Live At Tavastia 2021)

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com

AMORPHIS To Release Queen Of Time (Live At Tavastia 2021) Album In October; "Amongst Stars" Performance Video Feat. ANNEKE VAN GIERSBERGEN Streaming

"...With stellar performances at the most important summer festivals under their belt, including Germany's legendary Wacken Open Air and Belgium's Alcatraz Festival, Finnish melancholic progressive metallers, Amorphis, are delighted to announce their third live album, Queen Of Time (Live At Tavastia 2021), which is set to be released on October 13 via Atomic Fire, and can be pre-ordered now....

...Today, Amorphis also unveil the first digital single taken from the upcoming live album - the energetic yet beautifully melancholic "Amongst Stars", which showcases the impressive vocal ranges of both guest singer Anneke van Giersbergen and Amorphis lead vocalist Tomi Joutsen.

Watch the accompanying video below. Stream/purchase "Amongst Stars" feat. Anneke van Giersbergen here.

Pre-order the album in the physical format of your choice, pre-save it on your favourite DSP or pre-order it digitally to receive "Amongst Stars" feat. Anneke van Giersbergen instantly now, here...."

amorphislivecd823.jpeg

Aorphis - Queen Of Time Live At Tavastia (CD / Blu-ray)

Reactions: KingsGene
I picked this album up a couple of weeks ago, and while it is a live album, I cannot really tell that it is. Its possible there are some faint audience cheers in the background, but if there is they are beyond the capability of my ears to hear it. Its a good album, but as one review put it: "Queen of Time's greatest tunes have already been included on Live at Helsinki Ice Hall as well as on the Japanese bonus disc of Halo. Both options feature a vibrant live atmosphere with an audible audience while this new album fails to build up any vibes at all and its performances are met with deafening silence. This release simply sounds like an album recorded live at the studio."

The best part of this release that makes it stand apart from the Queen of Time album is Anneke van Giersbergen's performance in the "Amongst Stars" ballad which is not on the Queen of Time studio album. If you don't have Queen of Time, you might consider buying the Queen Of Time Live At Tavastia instead in order to get Anneke's performance on that one song.

This is a good album, and its worth purchasing to support the band & if you're am Amorphis super fan.

If you are coming to this year's ProgPower USA and you do not own any Amorphis albums, I would recommend these would be my ranked top four:

1. Queen of Time (best studio album in my opinion)
2. Halo (most recent studio album, a close second to Queen of Time)
3. Live at Helsinki Ice Hall (best live album, 2 CD, nothing from Halo on it)
4. Under the Red Cloud