Anette Olzon gives birth to third child

PureXul

Jul 31, 2006
Via Blabbermouth

Nightwish had seemingly managed to avoid her departure from the band being an ongoing story, but that's certainly interesting timing when you count backwards to when Floor replaced her mid-tour.

Wow, she was just about as pregnant as my wife at ProgPower. Our baby was born on the 25th.

527436_4447457101533_1343517071_n.jpg

That does explain the illness and the tiredness she was dealing with. Congrats to her and Johan.

I wonder if the Nightwish crew knew, and if that was or wasn't part of why she was booted? I only say that because I couldn't imagine touring/working so hard with a newborn for a lady.

I wonder if the Nightwish crew knew, and if that was or wasn't part of why she was booted? I only say that because I couldn't imagine touring/working so hard with a newborn for a lady.
I'd be very surprised if the band didn't know at the time of her dismissal. As to whether or not it played a part in the decision...the logical answer would be yes, but I'm guessing that the somewhat sensitive nature of the topic is part of why the band didn't want to discuss it. It's hard to find a diplomatic way of saying "We canned her because her pregnancy would've screwed up our touring plans", ya know?

I have no idea, so anything I'd say would be pure speculation. My understanding, based on articles and Floor's blog, was that Floor was supposed to join them for the SA part of the tour and Anette would finish the NA tour. So the singer change up was on the books, it just ended up happening sooner than later.

Women who want to be metal singers for an active touring band probably shouldn't get pregnant (and men who do so, probably shouldn't have children either). I just don't see it as a lifestyle conducive to good child rearing. Though some manage to do it. Still, no sympathies for her situation. But, best of luck to her new child.

Also, sad to say, but the kinds of hormones that you get flooded with when you're pregnant can make you really irritable, as any father knows. It still doesn't change the basic narrative that she was mad the show went on in Denver without her, but maybe explains something about how that came about.

Women who want to be metal singers for an active touring band probably shouldn't get pregnant (and men who do so, probably shouldn't have children either).

It's easier for a man to knock up his woman and leave her to take care of the kids. Unfortunately, our bodies go through a huge amount of trauma just going through the pregnancy/birthing/post-birthing process and men don't need to worry about that.