Artilect - For fans of Fates Warning + Zero Hour etc

ApolloFC

Sax-Man
Sep 18, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
Last night we opened up for two amazing prog metal bands and I just wanted to share their awesomeness with you guys.

First one is Artilect from St, Augistine Florida. I heard lots of Fates Warning and Zero Hour when listening to these guys. There are more tunes on their facebook page but they require a like to listen to the music. I could only find a montage of their album on youtube.

Second one I've already mentioned before in another thread but thought I'd mention them again.

Hephystus from my city of Greensboro, NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Artilect didn't grab my attention at all. However, the Hephystus is badass stuff. I really, really dig this. Yeah it's a little bit of modern rock, but it's also a whole lot of metal. They remind me of a more melodic, energetic Souljourners. Now there's a band that is stuck in neutral. Thanks for bringing this band to my attention. CD order placed...

Yeah man if you like that tune you may like their newer stuff. I was talking to who appears to be their new bassist who says their new album (out Nov 2) is completely different from the older stuff. I'd say they just evolved a bit. They didn't have their keytar player for instance that night and had some more dramatic samples played back by a pro tools rig. Their older stuff, like the tune in the clip I would say reminded me of Voyager... but thats mainly cause of the keys by themselves with the rock vibe. This time around I'd say its leaning towards the sound that they have while leaning towards new Symphony X... that was my first impression when they started their set.

We saw this entire tune played, and it was crazy seeing their guitarist using that slide like that.

Last edited by a moderator: