Bama went down in flames

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
So Ohio State beat Alabama last night. Can't say I'm sorry, although I was almost cheering for Alabama out of SEC pride more than anything else. However, as a Tennessee resident and Vol fan it wasn't easy siding with a team I've hated all year long. Its just that I like Ohio State (with ex-Florida coach Urban Meyer) even less, if thats possible. In the end it doesn't matter. Alabama deserved to be taken down a notch as they have the worst fans ever. Now it will be fun to see Ohio State get their buckeyes roasted in the national championship.
:hotjump:

Go Ducks.

My wife went to Vanderbilt....my guess is that she'd say a certain in-state rival SEC team has the worst fans, not Alabama. Nothing brings the out the hate in her more than the sound of Rocky Top wafting through the air. I don't know....I'm not from the south (though I have lived here in Florida for the last 14 years), and I didn't go to college, so I don't have a dog in this hunt.

Anyhow, it is kinda sad that there won't be a SEC team in the national championship.....it just doesn't seem right.

My wife went to Vanderbilt....my guess is that she'd say a certain in-state rival SEC team has the worst fans, not Alabama. Nothing brings the out the hate in her more than the sound of Rocky Top wafting through the air. I don't know....I'm not from the south (though I have lived here in Florida for the last 14 years), and I didn't go to college, so I don't have a dog in this hunt.

Anyhow, it is kinda sad that there won't be a SEC team in the national championship.....it just doesn't seem right.

What I love about sports is that we can all disagree, but for the most part there are usually no hard feelings from it. Now you always have some fans who take things too far, for example:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cker-punch-nashville-bar-restaurant/12957301/

I grew up in Nashville, and used to like Vanderbilt until I got a job at Vanderbilt Medical Center for a while in the 90s. The problem I have with Vanderbilt isn't with the fans, but the mentality of the institution itself. As an institution, Vanderbilt has the attitude they are God's gift to the human race, and that everyone should bow down and worship at their altar. The way they treat people working there is abysmal. For that reason I left, but I hold no ill will for the fans as some of them are good friends of mine.

Your wife went to a good school, and I agree it is a shame there isn't an SEC team in this year's championship. You're in Florida now, and as much as it pains me to say it its only a matter of time before the Gators make a comeback. BTW, speaking of comebacks, it seems the Vols may be on their way back sooner rather than later. :-D

What I love about sports is that we can all disagree, but for the most part there are usually no hard feelings from it. Now you always have some fans who take things too far, for example:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...cker-punch-nashville-bar-restaurant/12957301/

I grew up in Nashville, and used to like Vanderbilt until I got a job at Vanderbilt Medical Center for a while in the 90s. The problem I have with Vanderbilt isn't with the fans, but the mentality of the institution itself. As an institution, Vanderbilt has the attitude they are God's gift to the human race, and that everyone should bow down and worship at their altar. The way they treat people working there is abysmal. For that reason I left, but I hold no ill will for the fans as some of them are good friends of mine.

Your wife went to a good school, and I agree it is a shame there isn't an SEC team in this year's championship. You're in Florida now, and as much as it pains me to say it its only a matter of time before the Gators make a comeback. BTW, speaking of comebacks, it seems the Vols may be on their way back sooner rather than later. :-D

I agree about the Vols looking a lot better this season....congrats on the bowl win! BTW- I don't blame your disdain of Alabama....I just remembered that Lane Kiffin is their offensive coordinator, so the Volunteer hatred of him is well placed. He sure worked hard to screw your program, didn't he?

After telling the Vol nation that he was in it for the long haul, Kiffin left Knoxville under cover of the night after coaching for only one season. That wouldn't be so bad in itself, but he tried to take as much of the Volunteer football program as he could with him to USC. The Vol disdain for Alabama predates Kiffin however. Sure the Kiffin factor just adds fuel to the fire.

That was a good bowl win over Iowa. Its been a long time coming. Hopefully with a renewed Tennessee football program we'll see some good Alabama-Tennessee football games again. Its been way too one sided the last few years. ;-)

Should be a good game tomorrow night. I really don't care who wins it. I just hope its close either way.

Bama got beat by some SEC team I have never heard of. The SEC has won the last 98 out of 100 National Championships (well not that many, but it has been the vast majority in the last ten years or so) because they have been more physical and more athletic than their opponent. That was not the case, and in fact, quite opposite, this time around. If it weren't for JK Scott (Alabama's Punter) absolutely dropping atomic bombs ALL night against OSU and swapping field position, Bama would probably have gotten embarrassed as opposed to losing by one score. Bama could not tackle their running back, nor quarterback. They could not get off the field defensively on third down and could not convert on third down offensively.
Props to OSU. They ended up whooping Oregon by 22 points despite turning the ball over four times. There is NO doubt in my mind they were the best of the four teams in the play-offs.... and maybe other than TCU, (debatable the way they absolutely demoralized Ole Miss) clearly the best in the nation. I should have seen OSU coming... the way they absolutely obliterated a high quality Wisconsin team in their championship game, but I chalked it up as Wisconsin playing poorly.
I feel so bad for Blake Simms. Although he was a little bit up and down (a one year starter, so that is expected,) Bama never had that dominant running game, nor defense. They were very good mind you, but not up to the Bama standard. The QB had to do more. I wish we had another year or two of him.

Mark my words though...... the new Death Star is already under construction by Emperor Saban.

Bryant