Band ideas for PP 4.0

Originally posted by metal71
Hey, just an idea here for PP 4.0 -- Am I the only one here who loves the last few Amorphis albums? Truly an original band, they'd be a perfect complement; they fit, but without sounding quite like any of the other bands brought in thus far. Just my one little vote for Amorphis at PP 4.0....

I was introduced to Amorphis when Tales from the Thousand Lakes was their new album. I was extremely disappointed when Elegy came out, NOT because it was less death metally, but because it was nowhere NEAR as musically or vocally good as Tales. Ville Toumi's clean vocals on Tales ran circles around anything I've heard Pasi Koskinen do in their later material. something BAD wrong happened to this band between 1994 and 1996, and I remain firmly convinced that their prog/power metal fan following happened just because they lost most of the death metal vocals, and that made them ok to listen to for you guys (i am a prog/power fan too, but regardless) even though the music deteriorated. Amorphis were an amazing death metal band that died after two albums. end of story.

Ryan

oh, and my picks for PP4:

Virgin Steele
Helloween
Watchtower (if they're still active)
a Helstar reunion or Destiny's End
Lost Horizon
Manowar (c'mon, it'd be fun!)
I'll second the Ayreon vote, as well.
and they don't exactly fit, but Voivod would be awesome; they're supposed to be recording a new album soon...
as far as repeat performances, Angel Dust would rule (though I hear they're having problems)

Ryan

Originally posted by Se7enChurches
oh, and my picks for PP4:

Virgin Steele
Helloween
Watchtower (if they're still active)
a Helstar reunion or Destiny's End
Lost Horizon
Manowar (c'mon, it'd be fun!)
I'll second the Ayreon vote, as well.
and they don't exactly fit, but Voivod would be awesome; they're supposed to be recording a new album soon...
as far as repeat performances, Angel Dust would rule (though I hear they're having problems)

Ryan

Now, now, I don't know if ANYONE could withstand Manowar, Virgin Steele & Lost Horizon all in ONE show! :lol:

Maybe in Wisconsin they could... ;)