Baseball +Metal (sort of)

Angrafan

Feb 26, 2002
South Florida
Visit site
Every saturday this year the Florida Marlins has had a free Post-Game concert... This saturday, against the Mets, the bands perfoming will be Quiet Riot and Vince Neil of Motley Crue! :lol:
a Baseball game + concert for 15 bucks is a pretty damn good deal! :)

I'm not sure what part of North Carolina you live in, but check out the Durham Bulls sometime. Triple A ball can be cool to follow as well. Those players aren't quite as jaded by the almighty dollar just yet. :rolleyes:

~Brian~
I'm very close to the Mudcats which are a Double A team. It's been pretty cool to experience their games. It's different though because they don't make a lot of the routine plays you're just used to being made by the major leaguers :Smug: AND the pitching is ridiculous. We have seriously been at a game where our pitcher (it actually ended up being several) gave up 15 runs in ONE INNING! Are you kidding me? I was trying to get SOMEONE to call run rule. Once they go to the bull pen you know it's going to be a loooooong night! Didn't make it to see the Bulls yet but may do so still and there's always next year! They are probably about 35 minutes at the most :)

After the way the Astros played this year (YAY for getting a new GM) I'm just ready for the season to be OVER and started again! Come on April!!!

That is awesome...enjoy the show! You'll have wonderful seats. Marlins only draw about 4,000 per game haha

I am one of the loyal fans! :) Love the Marlins! :)

The Marlins actually have a lot of fans.. they just don't go to the stadium a lot.. But the TV ratings is among the top 5 in the league! (maybe because nobody is on the stadium...lol)

I'm very close to the Mudcats which are a Double A team. It's been pretty cool to experience their games. It's different though because they don't make a lot of the routine plays you're just used to being made by the major leaguers :Smug: AND the pitching is ridiculous. We have seriously been at a game where our pitcher (it actually ended up being several) gave up 15 runs in ONE INNING! Are you kidding me? I was trying to get SOMEONE to call run rule. Once they go to the bull pen you know it's going to be a loooooong night! Didn't make it to see the Bulls yet but may do so still and there's always next year! They are probably about 35 minutes at the most :)

After the way the Astros played this year (YAY for getting a new GM) I'm just ready for the season to be OVER and started again! Come on April!!!

The mudcats is the Marlins AA team! LOL If the major league team has absolutely no starting pitching, I can imagine how brutal the AA pitching is! :lol:

Yep, the Carolina Mudcats play our Tennessee Smokies, which is the Cubs' AA farm team. My wife and I don't get down to Sevierville too often, but it's always fun when we see a game. It's one of the nicer minor league facilities that I've been in.

~Brian~

Just got back home from the Game/Concert! It was pretty cool!

Too bad the Marlins lost... and there were more Mets fans than Marlins fans on the stands, but whatever..there was a "decent" crowd (for marlins standards, of course)..