Bassist GREG CHRISTIAN: There Are No 'Bros' In TESTAMENT

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Former TESTAMENT bassist Greg Christian, who turned 48 years old today (Tuesday, April 29), has posted the following message on his personal Facebook page: "Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. "Lately, it's been all too easy to forget how many people's lives I've actually 'touched.' "The last five months or so have been some of the most difficult of my 48 years on this Earth and seeing this support really helps. Thank you. "I'm still kind of in shock by how everything went down with TESTAMENT. And all I'll really say about that is — there are no 'bros' in TESTAMENT. The catch phrase coined by the Chief himself is every one man for himself, and it's taken to a sickening extreme with zero humanity. C'est la vie. But I'm not done playing music yet. Far from it. But every day's a struggle. And on top of it all, I have to deal with a few haters (people I barely know) going out of their way to derail me in any way they can. Thanks, guys. LOL. "Anyway... Thank you again for all the birthday wishes. I appreciate it more than you all can probably understand. Cheers!!!" TESTAMENT in January announced the departure of Greg Christian and return of Steve DiGiorgio (SADUS, DEATH, ICED EARTH). Steve was previously a member of TESTAMENT on "The Gathering" (1999) and "First Strike Still Deadly" (2001) albums. Christian was forced to leave the band's North American tour with LAMB OF GOD and KILLSWITCH ENGAGE in November 2013 for "personal reasons." Filling in for him was EXODUS bassist Jack Gibson. "Dark Roots Of Thrash", a DVD/2CD release documenting TESTAMENT's sold-out headlining performance at the Paramount in Huntington, New York in February 2013, was made available on October 18, 2013 (Europe) and October 29, 2013 (North America) via Nuclear Blast Records. "Dark Roots Of Thrash" was produced by Get Hammered Productions, directed by Tommy Jones (DEATH ANGEL, KATAKLYSM, SOILWORK) and mixed by Juan Urteaga (VILE, EXODUS, SADUS, MACHINE HEAD). It captures a total of 19 live tracks with countless cams onstage and high above the audience, plus a special moshpit cam that makes you feel like you're a part of the show. Photo credit: Walter Morgan

More...