Best time to book airfare....End of July!!!

espz

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado Springs
http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/8-insider-secrets-to-booking-cheap-airfare.html

Good general article about booking air flights. They say 6 weeks before, or roughly 42 days, preferably on a Tuesday morning! Pretty specific, huh? I'm going to keep watch of course, but I'll book my flight July 31st most likely! Unless I find a smoking good deal. Right now it's just under $500 each to fly from Albuquerque to Atlanta (that's a direct flight mind you, which pretty much ROCKS!) on Delta. If it dips below that, I'll be snatching them up! First flight out on Wednesday morning, coming home on Sunday. :headbang:

It also depends on airlines also, ususally Americian will offer deals thru the year on Tuesday between 10:00am and 2:00pm

Also, from what I recall Expedia has some really good deals for hotel+plane on Wednesdays. I know that's when I booked my trip to Progpower last year.

Interesting stuff! I was hoping that Southwest would offer some screaming deals now that they are flying into ATL, but no luck so far. They are just as expensive as the other airlines, and have limited options for direct flights.

But I will check back on Tuesday morning. :cool:

I looked at RT tickets between RIC and ATL. I've seen them in past years for less than $150, but this year they're around $300. OUCH. If anyone sees any airline sales between now and then (especially for Delta and AirTran) please let us know!

I check mine every Tuesday. Unfortunately, ILM is a small airport and I only have US Airways and Delta. For some odd reason, every single site with one exception has been showing $350-$400 pretty consistently over the last few weeks (ouch) but Expedia showed one last week for $238, through US Airways. Odd. Probably should have taken it, as it's now $278. *facepalm*